Return to Home question??

Reaction score
I know I have read that you can set your RTH to your transmitter but I can not find where I read this to set it up. Does anyone know how to do this??
Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're referring to setting the home point to your mobile device's current location, you can find that option at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in DJI GO. You will only see it if DJI GO is connected to your Phantom.

That might be what I'm thinking of. I thought it was based on the remote. What if your using a tablet with go app instead of phone.

If your Phantom is connected to 6+ satellites (it usually is), your home point will be automatically set when your Phantom powers up. It's never automatically set again after that point. This occurs whether or not your mobile device has a GPS receiver -- since this function uses GPS data from your Phantom's GPS receiver.

Manually resetting the home point to your mobile device's location later requires GPS data from your mobile device. You can also reset the home point to your Phantom's current location at anytime. Both of those options are available in the section of DJI GO I noted above.

Note that you must have a device with GPS,. Non-cellilar IPADs do not have GPS.

I have seen more than one report of an incorrect home position being set when doing this, perhaps some devices will report a position using cell tower triangulation when GPS isn't available. It is CRITICAL to verify using the map display that the home point is in fact where you expect it to be every time you update it.

North country. I think it's supposed to update during flight so that if your moving to a new location it will return to what ever location you are currently at. Or that's how I understood it. But I might be wrong. I'm wanting to test this out.

Reactions: NorthcountySD
North country. I think it's supposed to update during flight so that if your moving to a new location it will return to what ever location you are currently at. Or that's how I understood it. But I might be wrong. I'm wanting to test this out.

When you set your controller as the Home Point, it sets to where you are at that particular moment. When you move to a new position, it still thinks its Home Point is where you last set it....if you want your new position to be the home point, you must re-set it.

Reactions: NorthcountySD
The p3 has no following home point feature like the p2.

As msinger said, it sets on takeoff if you have 6+ sats locked but you can also set it manually during flight to the location of your rc unit if your mobile device is capable of gps/glonass or to the Phantom location depending on your selection in GO.

There is no longer an automatic way to have your home point follow your rc dynamically... as you walk up a sidewalk for example.

It would be a nice feature to bring back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20