Return to home question

S

sandman259

I noticed with my last update that auto land is gone. Just auto take off and return to home is now on my screen. So if I'm away from where I started and I hit the home button and I'm only 10 feet off the ground will it just land where I'm at or go up to my set height of 150ft and then go to my home position? Never have tried it when I've been way out there. I've only hit the home button when I was basically home anyway but around 10ft off the ground and just wanted it to land itself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If working correctly it should go to set RTH height and do it's thing . If it didn't I would be pretty upset .
Have never tried it from just 10" atti but that shouldn't matter . I will try that next time I fly but pretty sure it would go up .

What does the two different home point settings mean? I'm confused as to which one to use. One says set current aircraft position as the home point. And the other one says set your current position as the home point. Which one do I choose?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You just kinda answered your own question sandman .
If your bird is 100' away from you and that's where you want it to go when you hit RTH then you set it there .

Reactions: Techcop50
Ok that makes sense (duh) lol...thanks

Ok that makes sense (duh) lol...thanks

To be honest sandman I never change any of that as I don't move around to change anything . When I spin the motors and it tells me HP has been set and to check the map I do and go .I want it to come back to my position . I guess if you where following it you might want to change it but I never do .

Ok I just went outside to try it and set the home point. I took off about 50ft away and hit the home button and all it did was come straight down, not back to me...am I doing something wrong?

And it doesn't climb to my set height either, just lands..

I just reread this and see you have the last update . I don't .All I have on my screen is the home and takeoff button .
You have something set to make it do that and without looking at all your settings you have just lost me sandman .

Ok I tried it again and this time I went up 30ft past my set limit and and couple honored ft out and hit rth and this time it worked. Not sure if there is some reason it won't do it when I'm close or below the height limit

Too close to home point?

Needs to be greater than 20 meters.

Try moving farther away from home.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Ok that makes sense why it worked when I took it out a few hundred feet and hit rth....

I'm in a neighborhood, and fly it up a 100ft and went out 400ft. Looked far to me...lol.. Still had good signal but I got scared and came back home...haha...I seen people post good distance out in the country but how far can I expect in a residential neighborhood?

I got 1,000 ft in my neighborhood. Not always a good thing to do that though. So many things can go wrong. However I Could've gone further but didn't want to chance it. Stock with a handmade windsurfer

What do you mean too many things can go wrong? I thought that's what the rth thing was for? Do you mean too many things to run into?

He means he's new and doesn't yet have confidence in RTH. I was the same way last summer. Just be sure your RTH height is adequate and your aircraft is solid (no compass issues, etc.).

Ok cool, I'm gonna go for it and see how far I can go in my neighborhood.. I could barely see it at 400ft but I'm old...lol

Ok cool, I'm gonna go for it and see how far I can go in my neighborhood.. I could barely see it at 400ft but I'm old...lol

I live in a fairly dense residential area, and at a nearby park, I could reach about 1,000-1,100 ft. away at 250 ft. vertical before the video feed started cutting out and I lost signal.

The first "real" flight I did, I lost signal and video and my heart sunk into my stomach, because I lost sight of it about 1,000 ft. away due to trees. When I lost the video feed, I panicked and hit RTH, and it beeped a few times, then said "return to home timeout," so I just pictured it dropping out of the sky into the backyard I was passing over.

Even though I knew about the failsafe RTH, I was trying to think of where I should park to go search for my P3... I was about to go look for it after about a minute of a half in deathly silence, and then suddenly I heard it buzzing back towards me.

Lesson learned, this sucker is never leaving my line of sight again.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl