Return to home question

Reaction score
Question I was going to take my P4Pro out with me on the boat tomorrow. My question in case of an emergency and I had to hit return to home where's it going to go. Is there a way to set it to return to remote controller?? Thanks for any help.

Reactions: rene van der meer
My question in case of an emergency and I had to hit return to home where's it going to go.
It's going to go to the last recorded home point as long as there is a good GPS signal and enough battery power to make it back.

Is there a way to set it to return to remote controller?
If you're using a mobile device that has a GPS receiver, you can manually reset the home point to your current location at any time mid-flight. DJI GO cannot automatically reset the home point and/or tell the Phantom to return to the remote controller's current position.

You might want to consider setting the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" just in case the signal is lost mid-flight. You can find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Meaning a device that has cellular service?? I'm assuming.
Not necessarily. There are many non-cellular mobile devices that contain a GPS receiver.

What kind of mobile device are you using?

Last edited:
Is it the cellular model or Wi-Fi only model?

please excuse my ignorance......how do you do this? I have an Ipad Air with cellular and wifi.
Hi i on samsung tablet but just open dj app,general settings go down to signal lost and click ,,it gives u hover,,,rth,and landing option just click hover:)

Question I was going to take my P4Pro out with me on the boat tomorrow. My question in case of an emergency and I had to hit return to home where's it going to go. Is there a way to set it to return to remote controller?? Thanks for any help.
That's a good question. I bet many's OP's don't think about this when flying from a boat.
With Go you should regularly update the home point manually. See this thread.
Litchi can do this automatically, but I think still only on Android. Can anyone confirm this?
Set to hover in case the RC signal is lost is also a good idea, like Msinger suggested. But in case of a critical battery it will still perform (smart) return to home.
I would suggest above water to land the drone way before that.

Put the remote controller at the same point from which the aircraft took of.. But note that the return to home feature will not work within 20m. So if you are testing it within this distance, the aircraft will land immediately. This is probably what is happeneing to you

That's a good question. I bet many's OP's don't think about this when flying from a boat.
With Go you should regularly update the home point manually. See this thread.
Litchi can do this automatically, but I think still only on Android. Can anyone confirm this?
Set to hover in case the RC signal is lost is also a good idea, like Msinger suggested. But in case of a critical battery it will still perform (smart) return to home.
I would suggest above water to land the drone way before that.

Litchi can reset the home point to the operators current location on. IOS as we.

Reactions: RFP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik