Return To Home Question - Transmitter Option?

Reaction score
New Here guys---Had my Phantom 2 Vision Plus now for about a month, I love it.

Question----

I do all the normal start up steps, but If I plan on walking with my drone, say a mile or two, is there an option for it to return to ME instead of the GPS point/home point?

If so, how do I trigger that----

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike,

This procedure is for my FC40 but it might well work with yours.

If you hover the a/c and you have 6 or more satellites then toggle switch 2 from course lock then to home lock three to five times.

The new home point will be recorded as where the a/c is hovering.

This is all dependent on the number of satellites you are receiving of course.

Pete

Last edited:
With the P2, there is something called "Dynamic Home Point." That will do what you want. But first your must enable it through the app. I think if it was me, I'd enable it, then power everything down, then power it back up again and check that it's enabled.

With Dynamic Home Point enabled, the aircraft will reset its home point often (like every few secs apparently) depending on where the GPS in your mobile device thinks it is fixed. So you want a fairly good GPS module in your mobile device - preferably not one that shows you bouncing around all the time.

Dynamic Home Point is described in your manual too.

With the P2, there is something called "Dynamic Home Point." That will do what you want. But first your must enable it through the app. I think if it was me, I'd enable it, then power everything down, then power it back up again and check that it's enabled.

With Dynamic Home Point enabled, the aircraft will reset its home point often (like every few secs apparently) depending on where the GPS in your mobile device thinks it is fixed. So you want a fairly good GPS module in your mobile device - preferably not one that shows you bouncing around all the time.

Dynamic Home Point is described in your manual too.
And remember - yellow around the radar means DHP is enabled and NOT active. You need to look for the GREEN ring around the radar. This means your phone device has enough sats for DHP to work. You can also check by looking at your Ground Station screen.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj