Return To Home Education (and possible problem)

Reaction score
Had one of my videos error out from Saturday and decided to return today to re-shoot it. Sitting the Phantom in a clear area, turning on the Remote and Powering Up the Phantom just as I got the fast flicker greens an older man walks up. "What Are You Doing"? Shooting a Video. He says "You're On Private Property And We Don't Want Anyone Shooting Video's Here". Just as he said this, I turned the Remote Off and was going to reach down and shut the Phantom off when the Props Fire Up, next thing I know it takes off and goes up about 30 feet and hovers. I turned the remote on and couldn't get it to respond. I told the old guy, "At this point I have no control over the Quad, please step back". The Phantom comes back and lands I did use the remote to stop the props (I think) and loaded up.

Be Aware if you Power Your Phantom Up and get a GPS Lock then Turn the Remote OFF Before Flying The Phantom, the Phantom will take off own it's own (and return). This might explain some fly-aways? I personally think this is Not Good but as long as you know what it will do... And Never Turn The Controller Off First. (I normally power the Phantom down first but since I had a distraction I made the mistake of turning it Off first.)

I choose not to do battle with the old guy. I'll let the HOA President inform him that what I was doing was OK and return later. He was pretty combative and I didn't want to deal with him.

Correct, quad off first. Understand the distraction. You never know just what some irate person could/may do. HOA may be your best friend in this situation.
Best to leave as you did.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1