Return to home but didn't land

Reaction score
Took my Phantom 2 out this evening, and wanted to try the fail safe on it. So I turned off my transmitter and crossed my fingers. After a couple minutes I look up and here it comes. It came directly over me and hovered. I waited probably a good 5 minutes and it would not come down. I decide to turn on controller and take over controls. I landed it safely to the ground.
Question is, why wouldn't it auto land? I had perfect GPS lock before I took off and I even calibrated the compass. :?:

I can't add anything to this, other than giving you props for having the guts to test it. I've only been on five flights with mine and I have yet to have the guts to test it.

Cheers!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

This is intriguing and supports a theory that the Phantom will indeed stop at the altitude it recorded for its home location as opposed to sensing for no change in altitude during a predefined period. So, if the theory is true, it would look like your Phantom did not finish recording its home location until after you were in the air. Did you wait for the two sets of rapidly flashing green lights before taking off?

cainboy30 said:
I do remember seeing the quick flashing green lights. But I think it only happened once?

Can someone in Phantom mode confirm there are two sets of rapid green just like in Naza mode? I can't remember. It might be just one but it would certainly be easier if they consistent. Anyway, in Naza mode one set of green pulses is for the heading, the other for the home location.

Did the Phantom descend at all when it got to the home location lat/lon?

OK. That's not right. I wonder if there is an issue with your barometer. Do you have an OSD?

ianwood said:
OK. That's not right. I wonder if there is an issue with your barometer. Do you have an OSD?
No OSD. Just the gimbal with go pro. I'm thinking maybe the rapid greens had something to do with it. I'm going to test again tomorrow, but at a closer distance.

Well I got a little impatient and just tried RTH again. In the dark. Crazy, I know. Good news is that it worked this time. Hovered above me for a short while and then began to land. I took control right before it landed, but it was doing its job. BTW, it only does one rapid succession of green lights. I waited awhile and it never did it again. So who knows

cainboy30 said:
Well I got a little impatient and just tried RTH again. In the dark. Crazy, I know. Good news is that it worked this time. Hovered above me for a short while and then began to land. I took control right before it landed, but it was doing its job. BTW, it only does one rapid succession of green lights. I waited awhile and it never did it again. So who knows

That makes sense. Phantom mode has one set of greens and Naza mode has two. Glad it's working. Generally, once you get the green you're good to go but maybe just give a 10 count before taking off to be sure.

I just discovered my atti mode doesn't work. LEDs stay green no matter what. Maybe that's got something to do with it. Ugh. Only a couple weeks old and just a few flights.

cainboy30 said:
I just discovered my atti mode doesn't work. LEDs stay green no matter what. Maybe that's got something to do with it. Ugh. Only a couple weeks old and just a few flights.

Your in Phantom mode in the software. You need to change it to Naza M to get IOC and ATTI modes.

ianwood said:
cainboy30 said:

Your in Phantom mode in the software. You need to change it to Naza M to get IOC and ATTI modes.
So just for atti mode your telling me that I have to be in Naza mode. I did not know this!!?
A big thank you, if that's the case.

cainboy30 said:
ianwood said:
cainboy30 said:

So just for atti mode your telling me that I have to be in Naza mode. I did not know this!!?
A big thank you, if that's the case.

when you go on to dji.com to download the software, download and read the manual too. contains good info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic