Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Return to Home Altitude

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Matchlock, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Matchlock

This has confused me since day one and I still don't know how to set this parameters. Could someone help me with this please?

In the return to home menu it asks for some numbers to set.

1 - Set Max Flight Altitude. I put in 65 Meters.
    2 - Set Max Distance. I set that at 65 Meters also, for now.
    3 - On the return to home altitude it already has "30" in it so I put in 65 Meters. However, notification pops up with this message. "Course reversal altitude cannot be higher than Altitude limit of 0m."

I haven't a clue what this means or how to "fix" it. All I want to do is set a safe Return to Home Altitude, and for now it will be in open field with a straight clear line-of-sight view back to me.

If someone could tell me what numbers would be best in these boxes I would really appreciate it.

Bud

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Here are the settings I use:

Max Flight Altitude:
    500M (I'd rather police myself when I'm flying)
    Max Distance: I turn this setting off (I disable the "Enable Max Distance" setting since I don't want the distance to be limited)
    Return-to-Home Altitude: I set this to 50 feet higher than the tallest known obstacle in my flying area (set/checked prior to each flight)

3. RodPad

To add to msingers post, the RTH is entered in meters, most of the trees around my house are over 100'
    So at home I set it to 61 meters (200'), and watch for it in the readout on the app when I turn on the props.

Rod