Return to Home Altitude

Reaction score
This has confused me since day one and I still don't know how to set this parameters. Could someone help me with this please?

In the return to home menu it asks for some numbers to set.

1 - Set Max Flight Altitude. I put in 65 Meters.
2 - Set Max Distance. I set that at 65 Meters also, for now.
3 - On the return to home altitude it already has "30" in it so I put in 65 Meters. However, notification pops up with this message. "Course reversal altitude cannot be higher than Altitude limit of 0m."

I haven't a clue what this means or how to "fix" it. All I want to do is set a safe Return to Home Altitude, and for now it will be in open field with a straight clear line-of-sight view back to me.

If someone could tell me what numbers would be best in these boxes I would really appreciate it.

Bud

Here are the settings I use:

Max Flight Altitude:
500M (I'd rather police myself when I'm flying)
Max Distance: I turn this setting off (I disable the "Enable Max Distance" setting since I don't want the distance to be limited)
Return-to-Home Altitude: I set this to 50 feet higher than the tallest known obstacle in my flying area (set/checked prior to each flight)

To add to msingers post, the RTH is entered in meters, most of the trees around my house are over 100'
So at home I set it to 61 meters (200'), and watch for it in the readout on the app when I turn on the props.

Rod

Can the RTH altitude be less than 50 m? If so how? I tried 10 and it defaults to 50. Since I'm on a dry lake bed, I could conceivable put 2m in and I would still be good.

When RTH starts, the first thing that happens is the drone ascends to 20m. That's built in. You can't change that. That's why 20m is the lowest number you can put in for RTH altitude. Then the drone turns toward the home point, and ascends to the RTH altitude, IF it is set higher than 20m. If the RTH altitude is set to 20m, the drone will stay at 20m. At this point it will ascend more, or stay at 20m. It won't descend. Then, the drone flies forward to the home point. Stops over the home point, then descends slowly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub