Return to home altitude work around?

Reaction score
No, I don't think most people do. It's sort of a quirk of the system that most may not be aware of. The Phantom records the barometric altitude when it records the home point, and then flies home in RTH at 20 meters ABOVE that altitude.

BUT, when it lands it doesn't assume that the ground is at the exact same barometric pressure as when it took off. Instead, it just continues a gentle descent until it can't go down any more. That is how it knows it has found the ground

is this hearsay or is this fact as this may be the work around to not being able to set your RTH flight altitude
In 7 months I have never heard this here or anywhere
yes I know you can reset your RTH location but I was not aware that it reset the altitude

I know you can fly higher and it stays but did not know if you went back below the 66ft it would come up above that

If flying at 100 ft and RTH activated it stays at 100 ft
if flying at 40ft and RTH activated it goes to 66ft

but your saying if I go to 100 ft reset my home point ply to 40 ft and activate rth it will go to 166ft :?: :?: :roll:

If this is the case this will be a easy step to add to check list when flying in area with items taller than 66ft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik