Return to home altitude inside a building.

Reaction score
Is it necessary to change the return to home altitude in the DJI go 4 app before flying inside of the building. I certainly wouldn't want The phantom 4 him to climb to 30m before trying to return to the home point inside of the building.
Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You won't have a problem unless you have a GPS connection inside of the building. To prevent any issues if the remote controller disconnects, set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover".

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Is the building so big you'd need to activate RTH? Typically, RTH needs GPS... are you getting a GPS signal inside the building?

Are you worried RTH would self activate because you lost signal? If so, I'd be more worried about losing signal inside a building...

Just some additional thoughts to consider...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the info. I occasionally fly inside of a large, open, high ceiling gymnasium. I was surprised when I checked my flights on healthy drone and discovered that the flight data was recorded and flightpaths shown in the Healthy Drone App. The building is completely closed and solid walls, no windows at all.
I don't often have the ocasion to fly inside of a building, but in the future if I do, I'll change the return to home function to Hover.
Thanks again for your help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl