Return to Home after Waypoints flight

Reaction score
I have gone through a couple of quick flights around a saved waypoint set, with the last waypoint being close to where I start.

Twice when I've done this, and then hit the RTH button, the copter flies close to the home point and starts landing, but still several horizontal feet away, and the starts descending into a tree or other structure.

I don't know if it's wind or what the issue is. I used the same saved set of way points both times, and once it was a ways north of home and the other it was a ways east of home.

After the last event, I turned the copter off and back on, and then when around a normal P-mode flight and RTH was pretty accurate.

During the waypoints flights the waypoint navigation was very accurate, so it's not like the copter didn't know where it was or it was too windy to navigate at all.

This is a P3A I bought in August and just updated a few days ago with Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.4.0010_en.

- Bob

I would guess five feet or more. Certainly more than it has ever been off under normal circumstances, and far enough to put it in a tree or on a roof.

I would consider five feet an acceptable tolerance. It's not advisable to take off that close proximity to trees or buildings in case RTH happens. Keep in mind you can easily take back control when you hear the craft approach and you regain orientation to land LOS.

I always try to have about a 20 ft radius of flat /obstruction free ground nearby just in case.

Reactions: FocusOnMe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub