Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Return/Repair Options for Defective P2?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by adanac, Apr 4, 2014.

1. adanac

I have a defective P2 and/or gimbal. It is unable to produce usable footage - shake throughout.

I purchased them at B&H and it's now past the return date. What options do I have?

2. Ksc

Ksc

call them. they are pretty good.

3. freyjoel

I recall in a previous thread you had used Loctite when putting the shell back together and it ate away at the plastic. Did you move everything to a new shell? I can't imagine any vendor would take back a P2 that had been "rebuilt".

4. adanac

I quite agree. I did indeed put everything into a new shell and I could probably sneak that by B&H but I'm hesitant to do so because they are an incredible retailer with a very good return policy and I don't want to screw them.

In any case, since posting this, I have discovered that I was missing a gimbal part and I think that was what was causing the vibrations. I replaced that part and have tested the P2 and that particular shake appears to be missing. I still find the footage shaky and, in my opinion, the P2 is very problematic in winds over 3mph, at least in terms of usable video.