Return home RTH

On my iPhone, when I'm typing in that field, I have a Done button at the bottom of the keyboard. As soon as I start changing the value it changes from greyed out to blue. Don't know in your case. I've only seen that when I am not connected to the phantom and it just keeps putting 0 in.

On my iPhone, when I'm typing in that field, I have a Done button at the bottom of the keyboard. As soon as I start changing the value it changes from greyed out to blue. Don't know in your case. I've only seen that when I am not connected to the phantom and it just keeps putting 0 in.
It makes sense for it not to work when not connected. But mine even when connected doesn't change.
I'm guessing I need to call tech support again. They usually aren't a whole lot of help on the phone.
I need to find a local person who can show me how this stuff works, thus can't be normal

If you are not connected to your phone like you weren't. It will automatically return home after a while. You can use the controls on the joystick to assist the home landing. But you cannot override it if that makes sense. Say it's comming in for Landing. It's going to land no matter what. But you can use the controls on you remote to guide it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sam, you can override the landing two ways.

Canceling the RTH with a tap of the RC controller, or the soft button in the app will stop the landing.

The throttle/altitude stick will also override the landing. During the auto land phase, 3/4 throttle will stop the descent and allow you to keep the P3 airborne and move to a suitable landing area. More than 3/4 throttle will make the P3 climb.

SD

Reactions: plasrobin
Sam, you can override the landing two ways.

Canceling the RTH with a tap of the RC controller, or the soft button in the app will stop the landing.

The throttle/altitude stick will also override the landing. During the auto land phase, 3/4 throttle will stop the descent and allow you to keep the P3 airborne and move to a suitable landing area. More than 3/4 throttle will make the P3 climb.

SD

thank you

hey perhaps a dumb question.
i was flying yesterday, and my cellphone crashed short story return to home saved my ***. i heard the swoosh sound and saw her again after six minutes with only me and the birds shirping hehe. but i was panicking because i could not stop the landing part with only the rc controller, i made it to land safely but not where i wanted to because it auto landed.can i stop the landing with trothle up? i did not try that because i was a bit panicking

If your screen was working, which I assume it was, all you had to do was double click on the RTH button on the screen and it should cancel the auto landing, I think. I think you can also toggle the right switch up and down a couple of times and that should put you back in GPS flight mode. I know that there are two different ways to cancel auto landing after RTH has been activated, so just keep looking if I am wrong on this, remember, always get a second opinion if someone writes, "I think" in their response.

Thanks for bringing this to light again. There are quite a few people that have got into trouble not knowing the workings of RTH. I think, being a newbie, that is is something we need to fully understand the workings of.

Good Day,
I am a novice and am usually scared half to death that I am going to crash my drone before I become comfortable flying it. Obviously, the RTH function is something I want to completely understand before I need to use it for any reason. The one question I have is if the RTH altitude is relative to the Home Point Altitude? In my case, I live in the Caribbean and want to fly the drone from the top of a cliff. I may, in some cases, actually fly below the Home Point Altitude. So my question is, if my RTHA is 90ft and my HPA is 100ft above sea level what will happen if I fly off a cliff and descend to 50ft ASL (or even stay at 100 ft) and initiate RTH? Will it ascend to 190ft ASL ( 90ft about HPA) or will I find myself flying into the side of the cliff? I am assuming the former but would love confirmation. Thank you

You are correct.

RTH is relative to the take-off point (altitude) and will rise to that set altitude if below it.

I tried changing my return to home to 40m but it went right back to 30m for some reason. I'm not in beginner mode; and, I'm trying to make sure that if I need it I wont nit a big *** tree.
Any ideas why it would default on its own?
I tried with the drone off, with the drone and on the ground and with the drone on and in the air. all three scenarios were the same
Just a thought, wwhat is your max altitude setting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20