Return Home Feature?

Reaction score
I understand that the Phantom will return home automatically if it flies outside the "control" of the Transmitter if conditions are right. Does special programming have to be done in order to be able to manually "bring it home"?

Turn off the controller, or in the naza assistant you can assign it to your right switch.

manually you would just fly it home.

I have a feeling you may not have read the manual. this may sound like a **** answer but you need to read it because the answer you are looking for is in there. The manual for the Phantom 1 has a little more info on the topic. As well as the Naza manual (found in the Phantom 1 downloads section on dji.com). You want to read the section about failsafe as well as IOC. It is possible to fly in such a way that no matter where in the sky the Phantom it, you can return to home with your eyes closed by pushing one of the sticks in the right direction.

Since you are already going to be looking at the manual. Read all the pages. Many of the people who post about flyaways or crashes that they blame on the Phantom are also people who have never read the manual. Coincidence? I think not.

I don't think it is in the manual but also learn (google) about prop wash and descending into it, or rather why thats a bad idea. By doing all of the above you have prevented a bad mistake by 99.9%

It would be nice if we could arrange for a "sticky" section on the forum. A section we can direct our new members to with all of the required PDF files everyone should always be familiar with. Only the admins would have write access to it. The rest of us could always read and reference.

We do this on our DeLorean forum. I'm not aiming this at anyone here, but on the DeLorean forum the constant "why aren't you doing a search" or "does your computer have google???" response always seemed to create tension.

Thanks for the responses! "Read the Manual" - not a **** answer at all. I downloaded the manual last night and read the entire thing this morning. Haven't committed it to memory just yet, but read it thoroughly - every page. I printed out a couple of the pages I want to be able to take with me into the field.
I should know by now, since I'm an Old Pharte, that there really isn't a good shortcut to learning something. I may still have to ask some questions, but will try to keep them as intelligent as possible.
Thanks again for the responses.

Newtman

Newtman said:
Thanks for the responses! "Read the Manual" - not a **** answer at all. I downloaded the manual last night and read the entire thing this morning. Haven't committed it to memory just yet, but read it thoroughly - every page. I printed out a couple of the pages I want to be able to take with me into the field.
I should know by now, since I'm an Old Pharte, that there really isn't a good shortcut to learning something. I may still have to ask some questions, but will try to keep them as intelligent as possible.
Thanks again for the responses.

Newtman

Questions are good. We like questions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik