Return Home button sinking into transmitter

Thanks Drone_on. I am sure that you know what you are talking about. I hope that I never have to find out if you are correct though. Don't think that I will turn it off to see. Lol

Maybe, like some keyboards there is a spring under the button that has moved from a vertical position, so it won't hold the button up, flush against the controller casing. Is there a gap between the button and the case you can maybe use a small tooth pick and reposition?

In my experience in IT, things like that either correct themselves or get worse, if its under warranty maybe get DJI or the DJI dealer to fix it..it might end up bugging you or worse, won't do its job when you need it to.

Send your radio controller back for repair or exchange, if won't get better, only worse. Why wait, warranty it and get them to replace it.
Do it now, well you have the opportunity. Shame about the down time.

RedHotPoker

I enjoy flying it too much to have downtime because of that button. You do have a good point about "exchange" though. I would be willing to pay dji full price for a new controller and send them the broke one for a credit. Does anyone know if they will do a exchange like that?

I enjoy flying it too much to have downtime because of that button. You do have a good point about "exchange" though. I would be willing to pay dji full price for a new controller and send them the broke one for a credit. Does anyone know if they will do a exchange like that?

this, I doubt.

Just got off the phone with dji. The answer is definitely NO to prepaying for an exchange. Send it in and wait is the only option for warranty. I will go ahead with my original plan... DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON unless it is absolutely necessary.

I posted pics somewhere on here a while back (mobile at the moment and can't remember where) but I fixed mine this summer using slightly longer screws. The screws they used for the rth button (2 screws) were both too short. Longer ones would not have allowed this to happen.

Edit...here you go

R.C. broken | DJI Phantom Forum

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I posted pics somewhere on here a while back (mobile at the moment and can't remember where) but I fixed mine this summer using slightly longer screws. The screws they used for the rth button (2 screws) were both too short. Longer ones would not have allowed this to happen.

Edit...here you go

R.C. broken | DJI Phantom Forum

I hope you don't mind that referenced your photos in post 2 and post 11 of this thread.

I hope you don't mind that referenced your photos in post 2 and post 11 of this thread.
Haha no not at all. When mine broke I had the painful wait and then exploratory surgery. Maybe this info can help others.

BTW, my fix didn't damage the warranty.

Reactions: Oso
Haha no not at all. When mine broke I had the painful wait and then exploratory surgery. Maybe this info can help others.

BTW, my fix didn't damage the warranty.

Right on brotha.

I should also add that I didn't see anything capable of shorting out behind the button. That was a relief to me because when i noticed the problem my bird was out a 1000 feet from me and I recalled it immediately.

DJI Phantom 3 Pro… The Return To Home button seem to have come loose on one side. Problem appeared after half dozen flights. I have had no panic moments, so I don’t recall pushing the button with any extra pressure. I had seen somewhere, the button was mounted with two screws with receiver posts molded into the (inside) top shell. Opened shell, figured out the ribbon wire placement. Carefully removed circuit board – mounted with four screws - to access the problem area. For the Home button, one screw was gone – “still haven’t found it!!!” The standoff, receiving, female post on the left side had 1/8-1/4 inch broken off the top. Found those little pieces of plastic.. The right side screw was barely in place with the top of the receiving post broken into smaller particles. Remounted the button with longer screws from my screw ‘catch’ box. Appeared secure.. Proceeded to reassemble the remote controller. The noticed one of the four receiving posts for the circuit board appeared brittle and small pieces broken from the top. I could not have broken this receiver post, because all I did was remove the screw!! The post had female threads very deep, so I used another longer screw, half again longer than the factory screw. The other three board mounts appeared OK, so I used the factory screws. Back together.. Tested the RC and have had three successful flights. RTH button is solid. Nothing rattles inside the RC!

I suspect the plastic used in the shell has a propensity for brittleness. This could also explain the “cracking” problems I read about around the motor mount areas. Heat? Beats me…I am treating my RC like a fresh egg. No bangs or sharp licks...

DJI Phantom 3 Pro… The Return To Home button seem to have come loose on one side. Problem appeared after half dozen flights. I have had no panic moments, so I don’t recall pushing the button with any extra pressure. I had seen somewhere, the button was mounted with two screws with receiver posts molded into the (inside) top shell. Opened shell, figured out the ribbon wire placement. Carefully removed circuit board – mounted with four screws - to access the problem area. For the Home button, one screw was gone – “still haven’t found it!!!” The standoff, receiving, female post on the left side had 1/8-1/4 inch broken off the top. Found those little pieces of plastic.. The right side screw was barely in place with the top of the receiving post broken into smaller particles. Remounted the button with longer screws from my screw ‘catch’ box. Appeared secure.. Proceeded to reassemble the remote controller. The noticed one of the four receiving posts for the circuit board appeared brittle and small pieces broken from the top. I could not have broken this receiver post, because all I did was remove the screw!! The post had female threads very deep, so I used another longer screw, half again longer than the factory screw. The other three board mounts appeared OK, so I used the factory screws. Back together.. Tested the RC and have had three successful flights. RTH button is solid. Nothing rattles inside the RC!

I suspect the plastic used in the shell has a propensity for brittleness. This could also explain the “cracking” problems I read about around the motor mount areas. Heat? Beats me…I am treating my RC like a fresh egg. No bangs or sharp licks...
Good job!-- there have been reports of those screw posts cracking and breaking and also some other cracking on some of the controllers.

Received a brand new p3p yesterday and flew it today for the first time. Pushed the rth button and heard it crack/pop as it sank into the rc..... luckily, I have another one to use while this one is off for repairs.

I noticed that my right stick was sinking into the remote shell....just a small amount and I heard something rattling around inside the remote. I figured it was a screw that had came out...nope. almost every screw post inside the remote shell is broken or cracked...like someone else reported...I treat this like a fresh egg....

Sounds like some bad plastic-- Send it in or see it you can get another used controller --

My advanced showed up brand new with a messed up RTH button .. Sent back to DJI for replacement

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic