Return flights

VCP

Reaction score
If launched from a moving platform 'sailboat' will the auto return still find home?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Home will be the water if you move your boat after launching. You'll need to reset your home point as you move to keep it updated. Or, launch from land if possible.

I believe the Inspire will go to the location you are at, but not the Phantom like msinger just wrote, it will be an anchor by the time you get back tot he launch point.

If you're near land and must take off from the boat, you could take off from the boat, fly your Phantom out to a safe spot over land, reset your home point there in the DJI GO app (via the icon on the left side), and then continue on with your mission. That way it'll fly back to dry land if it needs to return to the home point for some reason.

There's an option to manually reset it to your current location

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There's an option to manually reset it to your current location
True, but I'm not sure how useful that feature would be in a case where the boat is constantly moving.

In this case, set the fail safe to hover. This probably wouldn't be all that great if you have no control of which way the boat is going, but it'd prevent an unwanted auto land until you run out of battery. Just bring it in well before that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic