Retractable landing gear installed.

Cool, but what in all that is holy was that noise? I had headphones on. Scared the bejesus out of me.

What about compass and antennas?

The antenna orientations do change, as they are still in the legs. The compass was relocated, and remains fixed in relation to the bird.
May I ask wher you relocated the compass too? I've tried to find a new place for it, but cannot get past the compass errors. Would love your thoughts :)

There is an "arm" on one of the servo / gear mounting brackets, and the compass is mounted there.
thanks!! if you happen to snap a pic, I wouldn't complain! ;) I was trying to shorten my landing gear, no matter what i did i couldn't resolve compass errors. This helps, so I know a better location.

thanks!! if you happen to snap a pic, I wouldn't complain! ;) I was trying to shorten my landing gear, no matter what i did i couldn't resolve compass errors. This helps, so I know a better location.
IMG_6943.JPG

The compass mounts to the bracket near the gimbal.

Reactions: Digdat0
Hows it activated is a good question
Gear Up and Down are done with the flight mode switch - from P to F for retract and a double P to F for extend - I think.

Gear Up and Down are done with the flight mode switch - from P to F for retract and a double P to F for extend - I think.

Yea, that's how the commercially ones that I've seen work.

A small interface/processor taps the buss and then generates the servos PWM signals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1