Retractable gear on eBay any good ?

slothead said:
Interesting! I had never seen this one. I didn't read all the copy, where do you find the extra channel?
Just looking at it , was wonder if anybody had installed one

If I'm correct you'll have to switch controller rx/tx to something with more channels since the Phantom controller has no available channels.

Nah dont believe so.. you use the phantom RX an TX still.. we were discussing how they did it in a thread I made recently. On phone atm but when I load up laptop i'll find it for you.. it was a diff setup but basically they some how made it so you wire it in and do some combination of switches (maybe s1 an s2 etc.. cant rememver exactly) and it activates the retracts. Was all plug and play though basically. Quite interesting.. they had video of how to do install.. will find link soon if noone beats me to it.

Stompp said:
If I'm correct you'll have to switch controller rx/tx to something with more channels since the Phantom controller has no available channels.

Looks like too much extra weigh to be worth the effort. Also, I really don't want to be toggling the switches more than I already do when I set the compass and home point for fear the switches will eventually break. Based on the quality of the other Phantom electronics, I'm confident that DJI used close to the cheapest switches available.

If i read correctly starting bid was $60 :)
Plus the 250 ones look stock.

trickstar911 said:
hi , ya seen this video , but their retracts are $250 and the ones on ebay are $60

You'll need a different Tx/Rx combo for these that has a spare channel.

There is another type that has been around for a bit but they include a small "interface" that allows the X2 channel/S2 toggle (IOC) to be used for triggering them. Similar to envoking the compass calibration with S1.

Much more $$$.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1