Result of powering gimbal with no load

Reaction score
Ok, I powered up my CNBC brushless gimbal by accident without the camera in it. Now it is not acting right. Anyone know if these can be reset or what I can do to fix?

I want to help you, but I don't know anything about that gimbal. Sorry. :)

I meant to say it was a CNC gimbal. Regardless, I have heard that you should not power it up without a load but am not sure if the results are reversible.

parsonsm said:
I meant to say it was a CNC gimbal. Regardless, I have heard that you should not power it up without a load but am not sure if the results are reversible.

Actually, I wasn't aware of that. It has me wondering exactly how it could damage a gimbal by doing that and I'm drawing a blank.

It's best to not power up a gimbal without a load on it, as the settings are all calibrated to deal with the resistance created by that load. When powered up by itself, it may bang itself out of calibration while it pings against it's endpoints trying to find the resistance you originally told it was there. I would try putting your camera on, and running the calibration sequence through your setup software, see if that helps.
-KC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic