Restricted area flight questions.

Reaction score
So this weekend there is a powerboat poker run going on in my town. Some of the best places to shoot these boats under medium/full power is in a restricted air force zone. I will be about 2-3 miles from the base (they rarely fly on weekends)

Here is my question. I am only wanting to fly at heights around 100 or less. Probably even less than 80. I know when I start the bird it's going to give me warnings in that area. Will it let me do to 100?

Has anyone encountered or tried flying in restricted zone? What is the outcome?

So this weekend there is a powerboat poker run going on in my town. Some of the best places to shoot these boats under medium/full power is in a restricted air force zone. I will be about 2-3 miles from the base (they rarely fly on weekends)

Here is my question. I am only wanting to fly at heights around 100 or less. Probably even less than 80. I know when I start the bird it's going to give me warnings in that area. Will it let me do to 100?

Has anyone encountered or tried flying in restricted zone? What is the outcome?
I would bet you wont be able to take off, if that base is that close.- although if you fly in Atti the GPS is not involved in control of the aircraft-- but it may still not let you take off or fly because the location is identified thru GPS.. interesting to hear what the other chaps have to say about this..

... air space starts at GL.. and for all intents and purposes 3 dimensional ..no fly.. is no fly, but how do you tell that to the birds?
Lol... Good point. And that is exactly why runways are closed from time to time. The **** birds dont understand FAA mumbo-jumbo!

Lol... analogy strangely made me laugh. Does that make me a bad person? Might have to go see a therapist now!

I would bet you wont be able to take off, if that base is that close.- although if you fly in Atti the GPS is not involved in control of the aircraft-- but it may still not let you take off or fly because the location is identified thru GPS.. interesting to hear what the other chaps have to say about this..

restricted is restricted, so why bother? so what altitude are you setting your rth at?

One alternative would be to contact the controlling agency (listed on a Sectional Aeronautical Chart of the area) and ask about 100 AGL at such and such time. Maybe they'll say no or maybe yes. Don't ask, don't get. If they say yes, get a name and write down the time.

Reactions: III% Streve
One alternative would be to contact the controlling agency (listed on a Sectional Aeronautical Chart of the area) and ask about 100 AGL at such and such time. Maybe they'll say no or maybe yes. Don't ask, don't get. If they say yes, get a name and write down the time.

That right there is always a perfect solution.

Don't say Drone, say Model Aircraft. Tell the ATC person that per FAA AC91-7 you are informing them of a flight that you are planning, and give them the exact location relative to the airport in degrees and statute miles (use the sectional- You don't list your location in your profile so we can't guess which sectional you need) plus the maximum altitude and start/end time.

Reactions: Synnic
I'm going to be driving from Dallas to San Antonio and I really need to get there in 3 hours. It's going to be a very slow time of the day where there are likely no drivers on the highway. Is it ok for me to drive 100mph+ so I can have happen what I desire to happen?

:rolleyes:

Hi, ok here we go... I have permission to fly at 2 airports in MO. My Aee and other drones work well in these areas. Is there a way to get my DJI Pro to fly there? These are private air ports and other radio controlled air craft fly there also.

Hi, ok here we go... I have permission to fly at 2 airports in MO. My Aee and other drones work well in these areas. Is there a way to get my DJI Pro to fly there?
If the airports are in the DJI no-fly dtabase, you can use aluminium foil to "blindfold" your GPS.
That will allow you to fly with a 120 (?) ft height restriction and no GPS.
Not a particularly satisfactory solution but that's about it.
If the airports aren't included, you'll have no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20