Restricted Airspace?

Reaction score
Noobie, receiving airspace warning with each flight. Anyone know how to access the latest DJI restricted map to help me figure out my limits?
In Savannah, Ga. but 5 miles East of Hunter Army Airfield which is mostly Helicopter base.

You can use a sectional to determine just how far you are from the Class D/E airspace at Hunter. looks like it might extend out that far. If you expand the map in Airmap, you should be a bee to find a street near where you want to fly and figure out if you are still within the controlled airspace from Hunter.

Thanks.

AirMap app is on Apple site?

Fort Pulaski is almost to Tybee Beach, about 15 miles from me. It's a Federal Park and probably IS restricted due to large volume of tourist visitors. I think I am in the Hunter Army Field landing pattern, but wanted a map reference to know the whole story.

AirMap is in the App Store, just search it. It'll show you any restrictions or advisories for whatever location you scroll to. Red = No.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

3b8b53aecc67c909b0ef978793e684ec.jpg

This is from skyvector.com and is the sectional Richard was referring to. This is my first time looking closely at it and my head started to hurt, but I'm pretty sure that if you're within the larger circle around the airport, you're grounded.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What about the B4UFly app, wouldn't that give you warnings when you're within restricted airspace and such?

I think his problem is that he's trying to take off and can't because of warnings he's getting. So he is wanting to know how to determine where to go. I think...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Bingo! Right at edge of Hunter Field's brown broken circle.
I'm about 30-40 miles from Beaufort and the Naval Air Station.

No, I've been up 3 times in "Beginner" mode. It will fly, but I want specifics before the FAA guys come knocking, eh?

The DJI app doesn't let you take off in certain circumstances? Never knew that. Eh, just turn off the app and plow right on through the R/A. I'm sure they wont mind. ;)

OK guys, I'm on the Apple store and the only thing that looks the part is "AirMap HD". 2 bucks. Is that the one I need?

Bingo! Right at edge of Hunter Field's brown broken circle.
I'm about 30-40 miles from Beaufort and the Naval Air Station.
The Hunter Brown Circle is the Class E (700 AGL) zone. As long as you are flying below700 ft there you are ok. Still have to notify them if you are within 5 miles of the airport. The broken Blue line indicates that Class D space for Hunter and that is controlled - need authorization to fly there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20