They came to my house because I flew around the neighborhood
Said they had complaints

He said the law is unclear and just "try and be nice"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: JKDSensei
Were you not being nice? Of course we never want trouble with the coppers but maybe asking why he didn't just tell the complainants that it wasn't against the law would be a good idea? Not being a smart *** but maybe an officer letting them know that you aren't doing anything wrong may make them cut the nonsense. Just a thought.

Were you not being nice? Of course we never want trouble with the coppers but maybe asking why he didn't just tell the complainants that it wasn't against the law would be a good idea? Not being a smart *** but maybe an officer letting them know that you aren't doing anything wrong may make them cut the nonsense. Just a thought.
Everyone forgets the neighbors have a right to expect some peace and quiet in the hood. It's the same with the partiers blasting loud music. You're just asking for trouble flying in an area populated with neighbors. These things are LOUD. It would piss me off too! Go to the park, the woods, the country, anywhere else but where you live. Don't blame the neighbors for your lack of consideration.

ETA: in my humble opinion, of course. ;)

Everyone forgets the neighbors have a right to expect some peace and quiet in the hood. It's the same with the partiers blasting loud music. You're just asking for trouble flying in an area populated with neighbors. These things are LOUD. It would piss me off too! Go to the park, the woods, the country, anywhere else but where you live. Don't blame the neighbors for your lack of consideration.

ETA: in my humble opinion, of course. ;)
I didn't get the impression that the OP was flying low and being a pain in the ***. If that's the case, then Snerd is certainly correct. If that's not the case, then Snerd is incorrect. Either way, in my short time on this forum, Snerd is always going to be right as he is one of my favorites. I'm not being a wise guy either. Snerd knows that. You rule my friend!

Which are necessities, and which aren't?
None are necessities. I am not required to Mow, edge or whack my weeds. Especially in this drought with water restrictions.

Which is louder, my drone above the neighborhood, or the 13 children playing hopscotch and dodgeball in the cul du sac in front of my house? Not a one of those kids is necessary.

Seriously, a noise complaint over a drone is ridiculous unless it is buzzing my window late at night or early in the morning. Now a neighbor's complaint over privacy issues is something I could understand, empathize with and address.

FWIW, I don't fly anything in my neighborhood larger than a Blade 200QX and I don't fly with a camera just to avoid any complaints.

Reactions: AirApparent
It amazes me that a country with 'dangerously' liberal gun controls is getting all precious about bits of plastic doing a bee impression overhead. [emoji636]

Reactions: GoodnNuff
i was at an altitude of around 120 ft
hovering over a cul de sac
I noticed a car pull up when they got out they must have heard me
they started flipping the bird thats when I brought her on home
and the cops pulled up 15 mins later

None are necessities. I am not required to Mow, edge or whack my weeds. Especially in this drought with water restrictions.

Which is louder, my drone above the neighborhood, or the 13 children playing hopscotch and dodgeball in the cul du sac in front of my house? Not a one of those kids is necessary.

Seriously, a noise complaint over a drone is ridiculous unless it is buzzing my window late at night or early in the morning. Now a neighbor's complaint over privacy issues is something I could understand, empathize with and address.

FWIW, I don't fly anything in my neighborhood larger than a Blade 200QX and I don't fly with a camera just to avoid any complaints.
Lucky! If I don't mow my lawn the town sends a nastygram, and if that doesn't work they send a crew to your house to mow it and tack the fee onto your tax bill. :(

Reactions: dirkclod
Hmm, where I live, if you don't make it home to mow your lawn, your neighbor does it for you and doesn't even bother to tell you about it. I was out of town for too long and had to ask around to find out who took care of my yard in town. I kinda like where I live.:)

I saw they are painting the dead lawns in California with green rubber paint.
That should burn quite well, but I don't think anyone but the dumbest will smoke them. :eek: The process of natural selection will help out there... LOL

I saw they are painting the dead lawns in California with green rubber paint.
That should burn quite well, but I don't think anyone but the dumbest will smoke them. :eek: The process of natural selection will help out there... LOL
And a few years from now the land of fruit & nuts will decide it was toxic and spend millions removing it. Why not go back to stones? When I first started going out west in the late 70's everyone had stone lawns that they would rake designed into. My wife's cousin was paid by the city of Las Vegas to remove grass and to put down stone a few years back, everyone who lives in a desert should remove their grass as it is the logical thing to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20