RESOLVED!! Naza Mode S2 Switch = Nothing???

Reaction score
I have been flying in Naza mode since my 4th flight and like the control and piece of mind it provides. However, today I noticed the S2 switch doesn't do what it is suppose to do. IOC doesn't work and neither does Home. I have my S1 switch set for Atti and Failsafe, which both function normally. Personally I guess I can live without the S2 switch working, but I really do like the home position when I am out pretty far, get disoriented, and want to bring it in a little closer quickly without putting it in Failsafe. Has anyone else had their S2 switch stop responding? Beyond a loose connection in the RC does anyone have any suggestions what might be going on or trouble shooting ideas? Thanks!

Re: Naza Mode S2 Switch = Nothing???

The S2 switch doesn't seem to want to do anything it is suppose to, including resting the home point. I am going to switch back to "Phantom" mode, then back to Naza, and see if that helps reset the switch. The S2 switch is essentially acting like it is in Phantom mode, hence totally worthless. Everything else is working great.

Well, first thing I would do is connect to the assistant and in the channel monitor look to see if flipping the switch changes the X2 or U channels. - which will verify if the switch is working.

Then of course, you'll want to go into the IOC tab and make sure IOC is turned on in the first place! (I'm on a Phantom 1, but imagine it's the same for Phantom 2)

After switching to NAZA using the Assistant , you must also select the ADVANCED tab and place a checkmark in the IOC box. Without this step, the S2 switch won’t do squat

I can relate
I have been in naza since day one.
I always use home lock because I daily fly far away.
Recently the home lock didn't work and my vision plus actually when farther out when I pulled the right control stick back. It went up to 3500 feet.
Had no fpv I was getting nervous because I didn't know what it was doing.
I then switched it off to bring it back.

Then it happen a second time .. This time in line of sight. I enabled home.lock and pulled right stick back and saw the craft fly backwards but not towards me.

It's acting randomly because today its working fine.

Thanks Everyone for your comments and suggestions. I went in and made sure the box was checked, which it was. However, I unchecked it, then rechecked it, then took it out of NAZA mode. Powered off the unit. Powered it back on, and then put it back in NAZA mode, making sure the IOC box was checked again, and everything was properly calibrated. It is now working as designed. Being able to use the S2 switch in NAZA mode to bring it back towards home, when things get a little scary or confusing is a good thing. I also like resetting my home point from time to time. Now I can do all that again.

Thanks again for your input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31