Resolution lines

Reaction score
Hello, first time posting, new Phantom user. I'm not sure what the cause, but when shoot HD1920p on the P3P, I get horrible lines in the detail when the lines are fine, like shingles on a roof, or dense bushes. Seems fine when playback is in pause but appears when running. It's reminiscent to fine lines that dance on interlaced video. But it records and plays back progressive. I found it strange no one has mentioned it at all. I tried using a ND filter to try to reduce the shutter speed to 60 and reduced sharpness to -1 and use the defilcker to auto or 60khz but the lines still show up. Anyone see the same thing, or solved this issue?

what are you using for playback? raw footage, or post processing?

Thanks for the info, I suspect it's my monitor, I just discovered it's playing back as interlaced

what was the solution? I am having the same problem
The camera shoots in a fine progressive mode. This brings sharpness that is too fine to be cut in half when interlaced, so it shows in one field but not in another field at 60 fields a second and causes edge flicker. If this is played back in a progressive monitor it's fine, but not when interlaced. To playback in interlaced video you either have to set the sharpness to a -2 for the most part, but you loose a lot of detail. Or you can shoften the vertical edges in an editor like Premier of Final Cut Pro. I also think that the mere nature of small sensors can effect the resolution of the image as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31