Resetting home point

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive tried to reset my home point location with the s2 switch flipping 5-10 times and i see no changes in lights or anything, how can i be sure that the home loation has changed successfully?

I've not tried this myself but it may show in the little tracker on the screen. In other words it would be out of the center, say out front, then changing home point should put it back in the center where it is.

Geo

I wondered about this also as it doesn't seem to reset the distance and altitude readouts on the screen. Never thought to look at the radar.

npalen said:
I wondered about this also as it doesn't seem to reset the distance and altitude readouts on the screen. Never thought to look at the radar.
Doesn't sound like the home point is getting reset.

Geo

I was getting the quick flashes of green so assumed the home was being reset. I will play with it some more and see what's going on.

artbrana said:
Hey guys, ive tried to reset my home point location with the s2 switch flipping 5-10 times and i see no changes in lights or anything, how can i be sure that the home loation has changed successfully?

after the 5th flip of the X2 switch, the LED (the ESC LEDs if P2, main LED adjacent to battery door if P1) will give a solid yellow light prompting you to do a compass calibration. hope this helps! :)

I had a total brain fart yesterday.
I wasn't happy with where I was launching from and where home point was set so I moved my bird leaving it on and tried to reset home point numerous times but got flashing and solid yellow. Gave up and tried again while in the air with the same result. So I flew and got the shot I was after.
Later while thinking about it, I realized i was flicking S1 and initiating compass cal ;)

npalen said:
I was getting the quick flashes of green so assumed the home was being reset. I will play with it some more and see what's going on.

Did some more testing today of resetting home point running the Vision App with 3.04 firmware. Resetting the home point does not change the altitude home point but it does, of course, reset the horizontal home point. I was, however, at only about 30 ft altitude when resetting home and maybe the bird has to be above the RTH (Return To Home) altitude in order to get a reset.

Yes, left switch and getting quick greens and the distance readout resets to "zero" to reflect new home. No change in altitude readout.

Phantom Phixer said:
after the 5th flip of the X2 switch, the LED (the ESC LEDs if P2, main LED adjacent to battery door if P1) will give a solid yellow light prompting you to do a compass calibration. hope this helps! :)

Phantom Phixer said:
note*** after compass calibration the home location will be reset!

Nope... If you are seeing yellow lights for compass calibration.... you are flipping the wrong switch... that would be S1 (right hand)... The other switch (S2 left hand) simply remarks your home position without all the hassle so you can do it in the air or whenever you want.

gr8pics said:
Same here, no response on left switch, at all...

You have to do it pretty much as quickly as you can.
I doubt it's possible to do it too quickly.
Also it definitely does reset the altitude at the same time.

It's easier to reset it by toggling between course and home rather than all the way up and down.
If you toggle between top and course lock it resets the course lock which is also useful for some video work.

Which version of the firmware are you running?
I'm definitely not getting a reset on altitude when resetting home. Distance resets but not altitude.

DBS said:
Phantom Phixer said:

Phantom Phixer said:
note*** after compass calibration the home location will be reset!

Nope... If you are seeing yellow lights for compass calibration.... you are flipping the wrong switch... that would be S1 (right hand)... The other switch (S2 left hand) simply remarks your home position without all the hassle so you can do it in the air or whenever you want.

a solid yellow light means you have to do a compass calibration, which is picking up your craft and horizontally spinning it 360 degrees, then turning it vertically and spinning 360 degrees again to get a GPS lock on a home position. you cannot do this in the air and i would not recommend you fly without doing this. what type of Transmitter do you have because on a Futaba its X2 I believe it's S1 for a DJI OEM Transmitter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl