Reset to Factory Defaults

Reaction score
I just pick up a used P4 and the previous owner had lots of custom settings. I there a way to reset the P4 to factory default?

Only gimbal settings can be reset. Anyway setting up new parameters will remove the old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wait,,,, aren't these settings stored on the device used to carry the DJI go app??? Or am I mistaken?

I just pick up a used P4 and the previous owner had lots of custom settings. I there a way to reset the P4 to factory default?
As far as I'm aware of the remote and bird don't carry those settings it's the app that does unless I'm missing something,,,

As far as I'm aware of the remote and bird don't carry those settings it's the app that does unless I'm missing something,,,
I think you'll find that the app is used to change the settings, which are then stored in the Phantom. As a quick example take RTH setting....you set the height you want in the app, but if controller signal is lost, the Phantom knows what height to climb to because the setting is stored internally.

Also, when you do a firmware upgrade, you will find you need to check your settings as some of them may have been changed.

Ahhhh I stand corrected! Thank you I really appreciate that! I do know that if I use a different device to fly with it will then use those settings, so you mean that it will take the last known setting and keep it in memory until it's over read by another device right???

Interesting point....I've never tried switching tablets, so I can't speak from experience. I would imagine that when you fire everything up on the other tablet, your Phantom says "hang on a minute, that's not what you told me last time...I'll have to change things round a bit", and then stores the new settings.

I was told from an authorized repair company to reset my P3 SE with the DJI Assistant 2 app.... Is that the way to do it? If so, which micro usb port should be used? The one on the drone or the one on the gimbal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers