Reset Gimble

Reaction score
Morning All!

Excuse me if this has been covered before, but I'm currently away with limited access to wifi, so I'm going for a quick fix...

I got my Phantom 4 on Sunday, hours before getting on a plane to go on honeymoon.

Finally had my maiden flight yesterday, and loved it. It's so easy to use. Images and videos are awesome.

One thing I've noticed, is that my horizon line seems slightly wonky. See pics.

I'll be taking her out again today, so I was wondering if the Gimble resets each time she's started up, or if I can reset it??

Thanks in advance.

Clarkee.
21660ed950ce0f976f5172e9deae3d27.jpg
145f4e1ca898f8f6fa272893a7007a82.jpg
45e9b9b50fce3d2d2bc83830f4ad197b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I've found the answer to my question playing round with the settings.

I found the 'auto Gimble calibration' and 'adjust Gimble roll'.

Tried these on a tiled floor, but I think the apartment were in is wonky, so that's not a good yard stick!!

I'll see what happens when im flying her later.

Any other tips I should know??

Clarkee.

The gimble on my P4 was cocked slightly to on side and I placed on a flat surface and ran the gimble calibration option in the DJI Go app and it sorted it.

But it seems to un-level a lot. Heard this problem on here before but never seen any answers. Anybody know a thread with help for this problem?

Try running a cold IMU calibration. This will also help with tilted gimbal issues. And yes, the IMU does effect gimbal operation. You will see it calibrate towards the end of the IMU calibration.

I haven't had time to try to sort this fully, winds been too much to fly the last few days, so I haven't had her out.

I briefly played with the settings the other day, one thing I noticed was when I use the option with the '+' and '-' to alter the Gimble, it adjusts, then flicks straight back.

I'll try a cold IMU calibration next.

Is my horizon is normal

I'd say it is barely slanted but close enough to not notice really. The problem I have had is it keeps getting off level somehow after I get it level. I noticed a lot of glitches in the video though. Is that just me?

I'd say it is barely slanted but close enough to not notice really. The problem I have had is it keeps getting off level somehow after I get it level. I noticed a lot of glitches in the video though. Is that just me?
I noticed the glitch on all of my videos that from phone which recorded on 720p
from memory card its not glitching
anyone else can advise about my Horizon?

Yeah I'm really picky with mine too. I think once you get the hang of your unit you'll get it adjusted perfectly. I keep mine on a -1.7 and it stays perfect all the time. Obv if your moving it'll sway until evening out on the trigger. But if it's non stop and you can't seem to lock in on a slot you know what's next.

Never got mine sorted. The camera stopped working altogether. Got a hardware error, I just returned it and got a new drone. This one seems fine.

Never got mine sorted. The camera stopped working altogether. Got a hardware error, I just returned it and got a new drone. This one seems fine.

Ohh wow. I love my pro I always knock on wood when I talk about it ha. Im getting sick of being a celebrity. Can't get a nice peaceful flight any where. People always come and want to ask questions

Think I may have found the problem. There is a customizable button on the back of the rc on right side that when clicked, it switches from FPV to Follow for the gimbal. You want to be in Follow mode. Haven't tested it yet, but will tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4