Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Reset flight logs before shipping sold P3P?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Sky King, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Sky King

The info on the flight logs can be personal and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those remaining on the log when I ship it to its new owner.

#1. Is there a way to "reset" flight logs or do flights need to be deleted one by one?
    #2. Are the logs stored on my iPad or internally on the P3P?
    #3. Do flight logs follow the holder of the "DJI Go account" or the bird?

2. Drone Flyer

Following the thread.

3. robinb

1) you can delete all of them from the flight record directory in one go.
    2) yes, both
    3) the flight logs are for the "bird" on the drone, the logs on your phone are your account.

4. ferraript

1) you have to do it manually
    2) both
    3) those cloud logs follow DJI account holder

you should delete all DAT logs from Phantom internal memory and your privacy will be safe

Drone Flyer likes this.
  5. msinger

Approved Vendor

There are two locations where flight logs are stored -- on your mobile device by DJI GO and on the internal memory card in your Phantom. The new owner will not be able to access your DJI GO logs. Here's what you need to do in DJI GO to remove the internal logs:

formatdata.png

6. Sky King

Question answered! Thank you, folks!

7. DroneTone

Thought you might want to note one difference in the screen shot of the GO app Advanced Settings screen pictured by msinger.
    At least on my iPad running 2.4.3 of the GO app, there is no selection available to "Format data recorder" under advanced Settings.
    Maybe it is available on the Android version and not the Apple version.
    I do remember seeing it at one point, but I think DJI disabled that function during one of the GO app updates.
    As far as I know, there is no way to format the internal SD card built into the Phantom which would erase the .DAT files.

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

While the format button is gone in the most recent versions of DJI GO, the "Enter flight data mode" is still available. Once in flight data mode, you can connect your Phantom to a computer via the included USB cable and delete the DAT files. See more details here.

9. DroneTone

Also note that the ability to mount the Phantom internal SD card and access it is limited when using a Mac OS computer.
    Using the the Mac Disk Utility application, a Disk Image of the DAT files on the Phantom can be created and duplicated.
    However currently when the Phantom is connected using a Mac OS computer, there is no way to alter or erase the DAT files residing in the Phantom.

10. Sky King

Well that is a bummer! I have a MacBook Pro that use. So, I have to use a PC?

11. DroneTone

Yes, the simplest way would be to use a PC or run a Windows emulation program like Fusion on the Mac.
    For some reason in Flight Data Mode, on the Mac, the Phantom SD Card icon is always greyed out and won't mount to the desktop.
    The only thing I've found I could do was to use the Mac Disk Utility to make a disk image copy of the DAT files, but I couldn't alter or erase them.

12. PEEFA

I glad someone says about format button missing. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app