Reset flight logs before shipping sold P3P?

Reaction score
The info on the flight logs can be personal and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those remaining on the log when I ship it to its new owner.

#1. Is there a way to "reset" flight logs or do flights need to be deleted one by one?
#2. Are the logs stored on my iPad or internally on the P3P?
#3. Do flight logs follow the holder of the "DJI Go account" or the bird?

The info on the flight logs can be personal and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those remaining on the log when I ship it to its new owner.

#1. Is there a way to "reset" flight logs or do flights need to be deleted one by one?
#2. Are the logs stored on my iPad or internally on the P3P?
#3. Do flight logs follow the holder of the "DJI Go account" or the bird?

1) you can delete all of them from the flight record directory in one go.
2) yes, both
3) the flight logs are for the "bird" on the drone, the logs on your phone are your account.

There are two locations where flight logs are stored -- on your mobile device by DJI GO and on the internal memory card in your Phantom. The new owner will not be able to access your DJI GO logs. Here's what you need to do in DJI GO to remove the internal logs:

formatdata.png

There are two locations where flight logs are stored -- on your mobile device by DJI GO and on the internal memory card in your Phantom. The new owner will not be able to access your DJI GO logs. Here's what you need to do in DJI GO to remove the internal logs:

View attachment 45768

Question answered! Thank you, folks!

Thought you might want to note one difference in the screen shot of the GO app Advanced Settings screen pictured by msinger.
At least on my iPad running 2.4.3 of the GO app, there is no selection available to "Format data recorder" under advanced Settings.
Maybe it is available on the Android version and not the Apple version.
I do remember seeing it at one point, but I think DJI disabled that function during one of the GO app updates.
As far as I know, there is no way to format the internal SD card built into the Phantom which would erase the .DAT files.

As far as I know, there is no way to format the internal SD card built into the Phantom which would erase the .DAT files.
While the format button is gone in the most recent versions of DJI GO, the "Enter flight data mode" is still available. Once in flight data mode, you can connect your Phantom to a computer via the included USB cable and delete the DAT files. See more details here.

Also note that the ability to mount the Phantom internal SD card and access it is limited when using a Mac OS computer.
Using the the Mac Disk Utility application, a Disk Image of the DAT files on the Phantom can be created and duplicated.
However currently when the Phantom is connected using a Mac OS computer, there is no way to alter or erase the DAT files residing in the Phantom.

Also note that the ability to mount the Phantom internal SD card and access it is limited when using a Mac OS computer.
Using the the Mac Disk Utility application, a Disk Image of the DAT files on the Phantom can be created and duplicated.
However currently when the Phantom is connected using a Mac OS computer, there is no way to alter or erase the DAT files residing in the Phantom.

Well that is a bummer! I have a MacBook Pro that use. So, I have to use a PC?

Yes, the simplest way would be to use a PC or run a Windows emulation program like Fusion on the Mac.
For some reason in Flight Data Mode, on the Mac, the Phantom SD Card icon is always greyed out and won't mount to the desktop.
The only thing I've found I could do was to use the Mac Disk Utility to make a disk image copy of the DAT files, but I couldn't alter or erase them.

I glad someone says about format button missing. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sky King the 'Format data recorder' button has in deed being removed, but there is still the choice to erase the flight logs. Here is the screen in DJI GO app v3.1.2 for iOS that I'm still using.
Data_Logs_IMG_0369+.JPG

Not sure if the internal SD card content may be recovered through the USB cable connected to a PC (see the Flight data mode), but if not, then the new owner of your bird would have to open it, dismantle the ESC board, remove from its underneath the internal micro SD card, place it in a card reader and try to recover its content (means your flight logs). Pretty complicated, isn't it ? If you know you flew over say Pentagon, in that case it's worth to make sure the flight logs are deleted forever by formatting the card (so you have to open the bird and do the job), otherwise I guess it's too much concern... :)

I just connected to drone from my laptop and mounted the storage and then erased the logs.

I just connected to drone from my laptop and mounted the storage and then erased the logs.
Do you mind letting me know how you did this? When I connect the drone to my PC it says it can't delete the .dat files as the drive is write protected.

There is no way to delete the files on that memory card. The best you could probably do is replace it. I've never seen anyone do that though.

Thats not correct if it was write protected the drone would not be able to create new files.

I have done this in past, will try again today as I expect to be selling my P3 soon.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.25.08.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.25.21.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.26.41.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.25.08.png
I have just deleted all my .DAT files.

Yes you do get a warning to say the file is write protected but just click cancel and the file IS deleted.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20