Requesting emergency repair kit recommendations

Reaction score
Hello, I am a long-time documentary producer who has recently purchased the Phantom 3 Professional. I love the air vehicle and I am attempting to become reasonably proficient as quickly as possible.

I am writing to ask for advice. I purchased the Phantom 3 for use in a documentary that I am currently producing. It is being shot in the US and in Mozambique Africa. The use of the quadcopter in Africa will be essential to the overall success of the production. I and my small crew will be spending multiple days in remote Mozambique villages - no electricity, no outside communication of any sort.

I would like to be reasonably prepared for emergency repairs if needed. I'm looking for recommendations from seasoned users. What spare parts are necessary?

Thanks,

Marty Doucette, Producer and quadcopter neophyte

I would take along a few sets of spare props, enough batteries to shoot until you can get to a power source (you'll need about 4 batteries per hour), a lens cleaner (like this one), and at least one spare Phantom 3. If you crash in Africa and destroy your Phantom, a backup will be key to finishing the job.

I would take along a few sets of spare props, enough batteries to shoot until you can get to a power source (you'll need about 4 batteries per hour), a lens cleaner (like this one), and at least one spare Phantom 3. If you crash in Africa and destroy your Phantom, a backup will be key to finishing the job.
Agree, I'd take at least one other Phantom. You ARE taking more than one camera, right?

As for repair stuff, lots o props (pre balanced, pre tested). 1.5 and 2.0 mm torx wrenches and some GOOD small Phillips. Or this toolkit if your into things like that. Some Bondic.

Some duct tape. Maybe a spare controller (hard to fly without it). At least some sort of backup iphone, ipad or whatever you are using. Spare (pretested) SD cards.

If you are going that far off the path, you're going to need doubles of pretty much everything breakable.

Fly everything as much as possible before you leave. DJI repair will probably be a bit scare our there. I don't even think FedEx goes where you are going.

Sounds like fun.

Reactions: Marty Doucette

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj