Request for P2V+ & ToughCase XRV+ owners

So it seems that after buying the case from seahorse and cutting my own foam, i might as well spend the extra 20$ and buy the XRV+ case and save myself the time?

I don't know that anyone can make that decision for you.
The XRV+ has slots for everything you need (extra blades; 5 batteries; charger; motor wrench) with a sufficiently snug fit, but the Seahorse video makes a good point of being more flexible and tighter with your placements with that tear-away foam.

Morgon said:
I don't know that anyone can make that decision for you.
The XRV+ has slots for everything you need (extra blades; 5 batteries; charger; motor wrench) with a sufficiently snug fit, but the Seahorse video makes a good point of being more flexible and tighter with your placements with that tear-away foam.

Thanks for the info. I think I might as well pay to 200$ (after shipping) for the XRV+ case.

There's a GoProfessional (XB-DJI-Vision Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision) at B&H for $209 with free expedited shipping and there's this XRV+ for $197 including shipping. Anyone know if there are compelling differences (other than $12)?

mmn said:
There's a GoProfessional (XB-DJI-Vision Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision) at B&H for $209 with free expedited shipping and there's this XRV+ for $197 including shipping. Anyone know if there are compelling differences (other than $12)?

The gopro case for vision 2 doesn't seem to fit the WiFi range extender or cell phone holder installed on the transmitter. Also not sure if it'll fit the 9 inch prop/rotors

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj8fV27QQvE[/youtube]
(tried to share the video starting at 2:09 but this forum doesn't seem to support that URL)

Looks like you have the vision 2 plus and you'd have to take those two things off every time. I don't own either case, just what i saw in that video. I'm thinking i'm going to buythe XRV+ case. everyone seems to like it.

birdheezy said:
The gopro case for vision 2 doesn't seem to fit the WiFi range extender or cell phone holder installed on the transmitter. Also not sure if it'll fit the 9 inch prop/rotors

I should have included the link. According to the pic, it shows the transmitter with the wifi range extender and the cell phone holder attached.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... m/alsVwDtl

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Oh didn't see that picture one sorry about that.

Looks like the XRV+ case is a little bigger, but that looks like a great size too... shoot now you have me thinking twice about the XRV+ case! haha

The GPro differences I see:
- More compact on the length and height sides (but GPro is nearly an inch longer on width)
- Space for only 3 batteries instead of XRV+'s 5
- No wheels! The horror! :p
- No support under the quad's arms. To me, this is the most concerning difference. It's not cradling the P2V+, it's just kinda sitting by itself in the cavity. (To be fair, I don't like that the XRV+ has no cradling of the lower half/gimble, but at least the arms are secure)
- Similarly, no separation between the Phantom and the transmitter. In the picture, you can make out a little stopper in the cavity where the transmitter sits, but it just doesn't seem as safe as the XRV+. It very well could be fine.

All in all, you've got a $30 difference (minus shipping), plus some space considerations. Objectively, I don't think you'll be making a bad choice either way.

Think i'm going to bite the bullet and go with the XRV+ from tradecraft. Need to transport this thing across the country for xmas. thanks for all the help guys!

birdheezy said:
Think i'm going to bite the bullet and go with the XRV+ from tradecraft. Need to transport this thing across the country for xmas. thanks for all the help guys!
Go for it!
I haven't looked back since getting mine... loving it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd