Repurposed Aerial Freaks Prop Guard Quick Release

Reaction score
Well, I've used my DJI prop guards a few times. They did help in one case but for the norm, I just don't use them. And I paid good money for my Aerial Freaks quick release ends and there they were, just sitting in the back of my SUV, unused.

So I decided to use them to aid in spotting the bird when it is in the air. Personally, I think it is a good solution. Beats having to paint or put a 'skin' on it (do any skins come fluorescent orange/green?)

Anyhoots, here is what it looks like. It DOES make it easier (for me anyway) to keep it's orientation straight over the LEDs on the arms or the different color bands on the front arms.

Thoughts?

DSCN7335.JPG
DSCN7336.JPG

The beauty is they snap on/off, no screws needed. I highly recommend them (they are sort of pricey though) for either task; use with prop guards or as a spotters aid.

That's a great idea I think. I know we discussed prop guards in another post, and I too am trying not to use them. But, having the extra color on the 'corners' might help with orientation at distance.......especially since I zigged when I should have zagged today and bounced off a tree. No major damage, just a broken prop and few words directed at myself.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
There's a site called decal girl. I bought a skin from there and they had alot of different colors. Maybe a bright one

Reactions: Squirrel!
There's a site called decal girl. I bought a skin from there and they had alot of different colors. Maybe a bright one
Best they have is a bright yellow. That won't work. And the 'skins' are only for the top from what I can see. But thanks for the suggestion though!

Where did you get that gimbal lock?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where did you get that gimbal lock?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ebay. Guy custom made it for the P3S for me. It works so-so. VERY loose fitting. The lens barrel can easily be removed even with the 'lock' still installed. :confused:

But I like it a heck of alot better than the DJI gimbal lock that makes one feel as if the gimbal/camera will get broken from installing/removing.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20