Replacing Vision+ with DJI F550: Couple of questions!

Reaction score
I am building an F550 and wanted to hear your feedback on my setup.

- DJI F550
- DJI DT7 Controller w/ tilt lever
- Naza V2
- iOSD Mini
- Zenmuse H3-3D
- GoPro H3+ Black
- Folding landing gear

My question is about batteries. I loved the 18 minute flight time of the Vision+ and would like to achieve the longest flight time with the F550. What is the best option to get 15-18 minutes of flight on the F550?

Thanks

The retractable landing gear is heavier and will kill your flying time. When I use to fly the stock DJI landing gear and my 3S 6400 mAh 35C lipo I was getting about 12 minutes. I added after market landing gear and I lost about 3.5 minutes flying time. That was my experience. By the way, I'm using the E300 kit now and I can go 9 minutes max flight time which is pushing it.

Some guys have had great success by upgrading motor and props.....I'm sure they'll chime in soon with their suggestions.

You can also have your Go Pro shoot video and photos simultaneously. The manual will explain how to set it up.

I think I would look for a different controller than the DT7. One with more capability and channels. Something that will allow you to customize more settings.

jimandsue60 said:
I think I would look for a different controller than the DT7. One with more capability and channels. Something that will allow you to customize more settings.

Futaba seems to be a crowd favorite. I went with a Spektrum DX7........If I had to do it again, I would have gone with a Spektrum DX9 at a minimum or the Futaba with 10 channels.

I would echo the different controller suggestion. Also be prepared for shorter flight times. I have a V2, V+ and a F550, the flight time loss is the biggest drawback for me.

I am looking to add a reliable hexa to my aerial filming fleet and ran across a seemingly healthy DJI F550 setup. The guy with this setup has a $2,000 asking price which I think may be very fair. What is your opinion on this setup and price?

Tiger motor MT2216-11 kv900
Graupner 9" props
Dji 30a Opto speed controllers
Dji Wookong M
Photohigher AV130
Sony NEX 5
Hdmi to analog converter
Fatshark goggles and Video TX
High skid landing gear with battery tray
(6) Grayson 4s 5000mah bats
Hyperion 720 bat charger/balancer

Attachments

• 57.JPG
    57.JPG
    757.9 KB · Views: 673
It seems like a great price for all the hardware included, did he quote flight times you can expect with it? That seems like it would be a lot of weight to be hanging on 9" blades even with 4S.

My 550 setup includes: Naza V2, E300 system, Mini iOSD, H3-3D gimbal with GoPro Hero 3 Black, retractable landing gear, Immersion 600mw VTX. I switch between using a 6600mAh and an 8000mAh 4S battery and get 9 min and 13 min. flight times, respectively. AUW is about 2300g.

Attachments

• hex_screenshot.jpg
    hex_screenshot.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 486
FangsCPO said:
Nice flight times with retractables onboard!! !

Thanks Fangs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20