Replacing the shell body question?

Reaction score
Have a quick question. I am sending my P3A back to the store I bought it from to have the shell replaced. Does a new shell have new serial/model numbers on it or does the old ones have to be transferred over.

Just asking to see if I would ever have to send back to DJI for any reason and the numbers were not there or did not match if that would pose a problem.

Also when it comes to replacing a shell is it best to have a person / store that specializes in this type of work to do the job or is this something that could be done by the consumer

Thanks in advance

Nick

Here's the process if you want to replace the shell yourself:

Reactions: Gumby
Have a quick question. I am sending my P3A back to the store I bought it from to have the shell replaced. Does a new shell have new serial/model numbers on it or does the old ones have to be transferred over.

Just asking to see if I would ever have to send back to DJI for any reason and the numbers were not there or did not match if that would pose a problem.

Also when it comes to replacing a shell is it best to have a person / store that specializes in this type of work to do the job or is this something that could be done by the consumer

Thanks in advance

Nick
That's an interesting question. I had never thought about the transfer of serial numbers. I wonder if that will come into play when the new registration requirements are announced in the US.

Transfer the serial #'s. You can do the replacement yourself if u want to spend a few hours doing it. It's just tedious and will give u a headache at times. But it's worth it once it's all back together and back in the air. And knowing that you took it completely apart and rebuilt it is the best part!

333 is based on serial number of aircraft. That was a great question.
Exactly. Nobody has mentioned moving the serial number stickers. I wonder how easy or hard it may be to move the serial number stickers and also if people have discarded them with previous shell changes. The shell itself is easy to change, let's hope the serial number sticker is as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl