Replacing the Gray Split Ribbon Cable

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been covered in these forums. I searched this awesome forum and didn’t find anything. I also searched YouTube.
I crashed my p2v+ causing the gimble /camera unit to separate from the body. The gimble and camera LOOK ok. Not bent or anything and the black ribbon cable looks OK.
The gray ribbon cable, however, doesn’t look well. One of the connectors is torn off. I ordered a cable pack from HeliPal.
My problem is I can’t figure out how to get the existing cable out, especially where it enters the body. It’s pinned behind a plastic piece in back of the USB port. I can’t figure out how to get the ribbon loose from this area. Can anyone point me to any procedures, video or otherwise, to help with this?

The ribbon cable
15113702685_c3d2085695_m.jpg

Where the ribbon cable enters the body
14927017549_f24af28037_m.jpg

Take out the 2 vise that you see and a bracket comes lose. Then you can remove that cable.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry, can you please expand on what you mean by the "2 vise". There were two screws that seem to hold the USB jack. I removed those but nothing seemed to be loose unless I was being too gentle. Thank you again for your reply.

have you thought about leaving the cable and replacing the plastic clip instead?
I think you just need a pin to remove them and re insert to lock them back in. I could be wrong..
Let me know..

Btw, how much was it from helipal? and is there a link as my friend has similar problems but cannot find the plastic clip or even just non clip plastic version.

CYeutter said:
Thank you for the reply. Sorry, can you please expand on what you mean by the "2 vise". There were two screws that seem to hold the USB jack. I removed those but nothing seemed to be loose unless I was being too gentle. Thank you again for your reply.

If you remove the 2 screws then you can slide the plastic holder away that keeps the cables tight.
If i recall it right that holder slides away in a other direction. Had some issues also before i figured it out.
But that micro usb has to be out of the way and thus removed.

If I remember right, I could be wrong, while replacing my shell, you need to remove the usb connector screws from the inside. Pain in the butt as you have to remove everything else to get to it.

I also have to replace the grey ribbon cable. I am trying to get to the usb port but I have problems getting the mainboard loose. There are 3 screws that are easy accessible but the fourth is beneath the silver transmitter box. How do I remove the box? I opened I but could not find any screws inside.

Any help would be appreciated

Greets

You need to lift the wifi module. It's easier if the mainboard is still screwed down. Unscrew the screw for the wifi module bracket, then slowly lift it away from the mainboard. Use a razor to cut away at the glue on the double-sided tape that holds the module down. Just slowly lift, cut the glue, lift a bit more, cut a bit more, etc, until the module is loose. It may help to unclip the two cables from its side first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers