Replacing Phantom 3 Pro with Standard body. Will it work?

Reaction score
Hello-

We had an accident when filming in Arizona with our Phantom 3 Pro. Aircraft is done for, but the gimbal and camera detached and landed in a soft bush. Seems perfectly fine. No scratches, no "rattling" inside, and the 3 axis gimbal still has full range of motion. Ribbons and connectors are intact. I can't exactly test to make sure it works or not until we get a replacement drone, but my question is this:
  1. Will our 4k camera that was on our P3Pro work on a P3 Standard? (microcenter down the street has an open box standard for 300
  2. Will the P3Pro accessories (batteries, remote controller, etc.) work with the P3 Standard drone?
We're looking for the most cost effective way to replace our drone, but we're also on a time schedule (client needs drone footage shot at the end of next week). If the answer to either of these questions above is no, are there any suggestions on a cost effective, timely solution?

Thank you!

I should add that this is also a gamble I realize, as I'm still not 100% certain the gimbal/camera works at all. Would hate to finally get the drone body in only to find that the camera doesn't work, forcing us to send it back and get a whole new drone & camera, which wastes more time. Suggestions? Would a drone repair shop be the best bet?

Hello-

We had an accident when filming in Arizona with our Phantom 3 Pro. Aircraft is done for, but the gimbal and camera detached and landed in a soft bush. Seems perfectly fine. No scratches, no "rattling" inside, and the 3 axis gimbal still has full range of motion. Ribbons and connectors are intact. I can't exactly test to make sure it works or not until we get a replacement drone, but my question is this:
  1. Will our 4k camera that was on our P3Pro work on a P3 Standard? (microcenter down the street has an open box standard for 300
  2. Will the P3Pro accessories (batteries, remote controller, etc.) work with the P3 Standard drone?
We're looking for the most cost effective way to replace our drone, but we're also on a time schedule (client needs drone footage shot at the end of next week). If the answer to either of these questions above is no, are there any suggestions on a cost effective, timely solution?

Thank you!

P3P 4K camera and remote controller do not work on a P3S but some P3P accessories such as battery and props can be used on P3S. The P3S shell is also different than that of P3A/P3P due to the VPS and camera. Do you need 4K footage? If not, that open box P3S seems to be the quickest way to get you going while you're trying to fix it. You can buy P3P shell on Amazon and try to replace it yourself but it's not guaranteed that everything works afterwards. Good luck!

P3P 4K camera does not work on a P3S but some P3P accessories such as battery, charger, and props can be used on P3S. The P3S shell is also different than that of P3A/P3P due to the VPS and camera. Do you need 4K footage? If not, that open box P3S seems to be the quickest way to get you going while you're trying to fix it. You can buy P3P shell on Amazon and try to replace it yourself but it's not guaranteed that everything works afterwards. Good luck!
Yes, some clients do want 4k footage, but more often than not, it's so our editor can punch in a little tighter on our regular 1080p videos. Short term fix, yeah, it could be a solution, but when we finally do properly replace our P3Pro, now we have 2 drones. Which isn't really a BAD thing, but I'm already working with a limited budget on this repair business as it is. Thank you for the info!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik