Replacing Phantom 2 Bearings

Reaction score
On of the motors on my phantom 2 is making a crackling sound, so I decided to replace the bearings, but both of the bearings in the motor are very hard to take out. Does anyone know any tricks or anything to get them out? thanks

Can I mix and match bearings? like if the bearings in 1 motor go bad could I just replace those or do I have to replace all 8 so all the motors have the same bearings?

Re: Help With Phantom 2 Bearings

Had the same problem, a friend of mine did it with a lot of "violence". Someone said to use freeze spray. Boca bearings (search google) are supposed to be good.

Ebay has all sorts of bearings. Most come with instructions. Use a 1/4" drive deep wall socket of the same diameter to punch out and press in the bearings.

Count said:
Ebay has all sorts of bearings. Most come with instructions. Use a 1/4" drive deep wall socket of the same diameter to punch out and press in the bearings.

Ive tried pushing the bearings out but it is extremely hard to take out and I do not want to damage the motor. Ive been trying for about an hour with no luck :(

Re: Phantom 2 Bearing Question

Another question, Is it ok if I just replace the bearings in one motor and not the others?

I just received a set of BOCA ceramic bearings for my Phantom 2. However, I also had a lot of difficulty removing the original bearings. I had to make a set of wooden support blocks for the motor housing and then use a rubber mallet on a small driver to get them out (the bearings were pretty much destroyed in the process). There is no way that you can just pop them out like I've seen in a couple of YouTube videos. Now the bigger problem is how do I get the new bearings in? I'm going to need some type of press to get them into the tighter bores.

-Jeff

You're better off just replacing the motors @ $29.00 each.

I did all four of mine after 150 hours and it's like brand new.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl