Replacement Shell

Eik

Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone come over any sites that's selling Replacement Body Shell (in stock), or has DJI still not made these available for anyone?

I don't think I would hold my breath. DJI is pumping out Phantoms as fast as they can. Not only that, but already coming
out with the next generation, while not dealing with an existing quality control issue. They need to cut back a little bit on the
R&D, and get those people to figure out why Phantoms fly away.

Yea I agree.. Seems kinda stupid to launch a new model before they have replacement parts ready for the existing one though.. Guess its like cell phones, ur supposed to just buy a new one.

Eik said:
Hey,

Has anyone come over any sites that's selling Replacement Body Shell (in stock), or has DJI still not made these available for anyone?

I just bought the complete upper and lower Phantom housing ( http://www.redrockethobbies.com/DJI-Pha ... jiph08.htm ) from RedRocketHobbies.com. Same place I bought my Phantom. Very good service and knowledgeable staff (ask for Matt if you call them.)

Do they ship internationally? Can't seem to choose anything but USA in their form..

Do we have any traction on this issue? I need one before May 15 and am willing to pay top $$ so i can have it ready for my yacht vacation to the bahamas.

Stevo10189 said:
Do we have any traction on this issue? I need one before May 15 and am willing to pay top $$ so i can have it ready for my yacht vacation to the bahamas.

As far as i know, dslrpro.com and redrocket.com already sent out their shipment of shells. You can contact them to see if they still have any in stock. Got mine on Tuesday.

Are you guys crashing that much or is the current shell falling apart. I've been flying around for well over 24 successful flights and my shell still looks pretty good. No signs of wear and tear around the motors. Am I missing something???

I've not had any crashes, not even scratches on my shell. cracks were just showing up from one motor mounting hole and then running to the next. contacted DJI about it, and was told that they do not warranty the shell. basically they said that i had crashed mine and caused the cracks. I even took pictures of the shell and sent it to them to show that the cracks were only happening underneath the counter clockwise motors but not on the clockwise ones. never heard back from them. so instead of being grounded until i hear back from them, i went ahead and ordered a replacement shell from redrocket.com.

Yup. DJI's standard response to anything is that is is user error.

FangsCPO said:
Are you guys crashing that much or is the current shell falling apart. I've been flying around for well over 24 successful flights and my shell still looks pretty good. No signs of wear and tear around the motors. Am I missing something???

Mine handled quite a few crashes quite well... But when i nose dived it to the ground at full speed attempting my first loop, one of the arms got bent a little. I could still fly it fine, but could really get any decent film due to vibrations and jelly.

e-bay is starting to get a lot of replacement parts for the phantom,, and saw a bottom half of shell on there, but no compleate shell yet,, just search for dji phantom.

toolman2a said:
e-bay is starting to get a lot of replacement parts for the phantom,, and saw a bottom half of shell on there, but no complete shell yet,, just search for dji phantom.

I saw that one on ebay this morning too... looks kinda beat up, blue loctite or something all over the battery/camera mount area, a hacked battery door, and a BIN of $35. Hmmm... no thanks, I'd wait a bit and find a dealer with the whole shell brand new for $50.

It looks like a part out sale for everything except the NAZA and GPS. Let's see the video of the crash! :shock:

Yea.. But I'm amazed that it still flew fine..

I replaced two propellers, then took off.. Didn't even do new IMU calibration. So I disagree with anyone saying the phantom isn't tough.. (Having flown regular rc choppers before, i know the pain of crashing, shredding all the gears and crap.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic