Replacement Ribbon Cable - Main Board to USB Board, controller

Reaction score
Hello All, While doing an antenna upgrade to my Phantom 3 controller, I damaged the ribbon cable that connects the main board to the USB board on the back. I could NOT find a replacement cable ANYWHERE! Apparently, DJI does not sell this part. After a long time searching, I found a local company who makes a cable that will replace the DJI cable. It works perfectly! It is 8" long, but excess folds neatly inside the controller case. Should work on ALL P3 controllers.
I bought qty 10, but only used one. IF anyone needs this cable, I will sell for cost and shipping... $2.75. Please PM me and I'll get on to you ASAP. I hope this is helpful to someone, who like me, damaged their cable and discovered that they can't find a replacement one from DJI. Thanks

Attachments

• Com_cable.jpg
    Com_cable.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 416
Kerry, question for you regarding this ribbon cable.

I have a P3 4k RC I'm about to do the Itelite Antenna mod on. Just how does one SAFELY loosen the ribbon cable from the USB board? It doesn't appear to be the "flip-up" kind of attachment most larger (wider) cables have.

I'm gonna order one of yours just in case!!!!!

Thanks for any help!

Kerry, how do I order one of the USB cables from you?

Thanks, again.

I remember it being a standard "flip up" connector. Problem is.... My room is such a mess, I've looked for these cables and can not find them! I know they are here somewhere. I keep thinking i'll run into them. Im kinda upset that I have them, tell people I have them and now can't FIND them! I will keep looking. Sorry.

Thanks. That's what I saw on the video. But the object you "flip up" is black and separate
from the port housing itself. The black thingy goes into the front of the port, while the ribbon cable from the main board slips into the rear.

I cant honestly remember, but it might be a "pull out" tab? Pull the black tab away from the port, it comes back, slide cable into port, then push black locking tab back in. THINK that is how I remember it.

Thanks. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Yes, it is the black tab that secures the ribbon cable. It and the cable are the only two things that can be moved from the port. The lighter plastic is the port housing and is fixed in place. Don't try to move any of that because it's fragile and will break.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20