Replacement Propellers

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I am new to all of this (flying, filming, editing and posting) and this is my 1st post. I am excited to be a part of this and looking forward to being a positive addition to the group. I have a question regarding purchasing extra props. I recently purchased the P2VisionPlus and I am interested in acquiring some extra props. I saw some very inexpensive props on Amazon (2 sets for under $10.00 w/free shipping). I ordered them and soon after, I read a bunch of reviews on them. The reviews were NOT good. So I immediately cancelled my order (which they honored). I inquired with the seller as to the quality and she informed me, that they were OEM, but if I wanted Originals, they would be around $18.00 or so. My question / questions; Is there a real difference or what? Are they selling knock-offs? What should I expect to pay? Where's a good place to purchase these from? Any thoughts, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't have any first-hand experience but from looking around at the aftermarket props, it seems like they tend to be made of more rigid material and some are lighter. Both aid in performance provided you don't crash. The softer (stock) props can handle crashes quite well. I've had about 4 or 5 light crashes with my P2V+ over the first month of ownership. I'm amazed how the props handle hitting the ground at high-speed, twisting around. Plastic will shave off them but they remain in serviceable shape.

If you go for a more rigid prop I imagine it would be more likely to break on contact with something. But you'd likely also get more responsive handling.

Thanks, I agree with the softer prop integrity part. I did have it tip over once on take off and it scraped and chewed up the front one's up pretty bad (I reluctantly had it set too close to a curb in a parking lot). So I replaced them with the ones that came with it. I am just wondering what to expect as far as pricing and durability is concerned in purchasing additional one's.

I buy my spare props from UAS-OUTLET.COM.

They are $15/pair, which is the same price as directly from DJI, but they don't hump you on shipping like DJI does... fast shipping, and they are original OEM props.

http://www.uav-outlet.com/9-dji-phantom ... ing-props/

I don't bother with Amazon because they are all Marketplace items (not shipped and sold by AMAZON) and you really don't know what you are getting.... and I don't want to crash a $1300 P2V+ because I used cheap knockoff props.

Thanks for that link. I noticed on that page, towards the bottom, there's a similar set, but without the red bands, that are only $8.00. Are these okay as far as quality or are these inferior products? I'm just trying to save a few bucks and not get scammed. Thanks again.

I think the $8 props are for the Phantom 1.

Those props further down the page are for the original phantom, I think.

You can choose the color/with our without bands, when you add to cart. I got a set of red bands on the front, and blue bands on the back of mine because they look cool, wish it was colored on the bottom too.

And you don't have to use this site, there are plenty of other threads for reputable hobby sites that sell the props.

Don't buy anything else than the DJI props.
Seen reports from pilots that used carbon props and the vibration they transfer extra to the birds body ( they are stiffer ) makes that were the motors are setted into the arm ( screw side ) has material fatigue cracks very rapidly due to that more stiffness. I can follow that idea so i abandoned the CF props plan and bought DJI props in gray.
Its a good idea to balance your props, even the DJI ones.

I looked on Amazon for Phantom 2 props, but all the ones I could find had reviews saying they were fakes, not DJI OEM parts.
So I would only order from a DJI dealer. Go back to the same dealer you bought the Phantom from and they'll have the real DJI props available.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I guess there's no deals on the real thing. I'll need to get one of those balancing rods as well and a good balancer. Happy and safe flying to all.

ToThePoint said:
Don't buy anything else than the DJI props.
Seen reports from pilots that used carbon props and the vibration they transfer extra to the birds body ( they are stiffer ) makes that were the motors are setted into the arm ( screw side ) has material fatigue cracks very rapidly due to that more stiffness. I can follow that idea so i abandoned the CF props plan and bought DJI props in gray.
Its a good idea to balance your props, even the DJI ones.
I have been using CF (non self-tightening) props for months on both my P2V+'s since the week after I got the first one, never had a problem.
The fatigue cracks you describe are likely due to excessive vibration caused by unbalanced or improperly balanced props/prop hubs.
Due to the rigidity of the CF props, they must be balanced perfectly before use.

Just my 2c worth ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1