Replacement Phantom 2 Controllers v2.0

Reaction score
v2.0
I need a new one but read somewhere in this forum that they are not available, yet. Is this true? Btw, I actually just need the board inside the P2 Controller and would rather just buy it instead of the complete controller. But if it can not be purchased by itself, I will of coarse go with the complete controller.

Also, has anyone used the 1st controller v1.4 with the vPlus?

So nobody has gotten the older controller to work with the vPlus?

PVFlyer said:
Unsure what did you mean V1.4 or V2.0 controller.

I'm flying my P2V+ with old P2V controller with pigtail modded, and my P2V+ controller is still in DJI's box. There may have second hand 5.8G controller on eBay or this site due to flyaways.

If you look on the back it shows which version it was shipped with. I have two controllers. One is from a vPlus and shows v2.0 on back. The board inside is slightly different where plugs attach. Of coarse the vPlus controller has a mini usb socket on the bottom, where as the older vision v1.4 has usb socket inside on board.

How can I get the old vision controller to work with the vPlus?

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:

I'm flying my P2V+ with old P2V controller with pigtail modded, and my P2V+ controller is still in DJI's box. There may have second hand 5.8G controller on eBay or this site due to flyaways.

If you look on the back it shows which version it was shipped with. I have two controllers. One is from a vPlus and shows v2.0 on back. The board inside is slightly different where plugs attach. Of coarse the vPlus controller has a mini usb socket on the bottom, where as the older vision v1.4 has usb socket inside on board.

You may follow the instruction and procedures in the manual, section "5.6 Linking the Remote Controller and Receiver".

1. Power off the Remote Controller, power on the aircraft. You will see the link indicator blinking red.
2. Press the link button with a thin object and hold until the link indicator blinks yellow. Release the link
button.
3. Power on the Remote Controller. Link indicator will switch off, showing that a link has been successfully
established.

Hi flynfrank you get my pm? hoping you could help me flash back sorry to blow you up..... :)

PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:

You may follow the instruction and procedures in the manual, section "5.6 Linking the Remote Controller and Receiver".

1. Power off the Remote Controller, power on the aircraft. You will see the link indicator blinking red.
2. Press the link button with a thin object and hold until the link indicator blinks yellow. Release the link
button.
3. Power on the Remote Controller. Link indicator will switch off, showing that a link has been successfully
established.

Thank you so much PVFlyer. I feel so stupid for not checking the manual! This is actually one of those things that I didn't expect would be covered in the manual. I searched through at least 200 threads here on pp.com, and then searched about the same amount of youtube videos.....and out of all of those I found none that had any details concerning binding the controller with the vPlus.

So I haven't flown the flyNcat (Name I gave my vPlus) yet, but I have completed the RC & Phantom Assistants and checks out 100% ready for some long over due flying.

PVFlyer, thanks again for looking out for a brother pilot in need.

ftimster said:
Hi flynfrank you get my pm? hoping you could help me flash back sorry to blow you up..... :)

ftimster, I did receive a few PM's from you. Did you say something along the lines of you upgraded your vPlus to the v3.04 firmware, and now you are looking to return to the v3.0 firmware? If so, I have not done this yet with my own. But I'll do my best to help you get back if nobody else does before Weds afternoon which is when I expect to make it back to this website.

New Controller, Is there anything I should do after I've tried the below and the yellow light continues to flash and won't link with P2V+?
Is replacing the Controller or P2V+ my only option?

button.
established

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj