P3 Firmware Replacement P3P aircraft - firmware updates?

Reaction score
Long story but previous P3P now residing at the bottom of the river Thames. Finally received my "aircraft only" P3P replacement and want to get going.

I remember from starting up before that getting the correct update off the website and into your aircraft is very important and getting the RC updated also.

With the RC previously linked to the drowned aircraft any recommendations regarding how to update firmware:

1. How to check whether "new" aircraft is new and not a reconditioned thing
2. Do I leap straight to the most recent firmware update or do I need to run through all versions?
3. Any other things to check before hitting the website, beeeeep beep-beep stress!?

Cheers

Jamie

Since you don't know what FW is on your new bird, don't be in a hurry to jump into updating it. Just get the new bird linke to your old RC first. It's possible that the RC may have an older FW version that isn't compatible with that on the AC, but the go app will tell you that. If everything plays nice together, fly it for awhile to make sure everything works before doing any updates. You may decide not to (for several reasons, I haven't upgraded since 1.9.6). If the bird is new, it will probably have what was the current version FW when it was assembled, which ma unto be the latest depending how long it sat on the shelf. Also, if it is new, you will have to log into DJI through the app to register and activate it. A refurb probably won't require that. And if it was sold as new and has previously been activated, you might want to have a talk with whomever sold it to y

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen