Replacement motors for a 1.1.1?

Reaction score
Can someone post a URL for CW and CCW motors for a 1.1.1 self tightening version?

I'd hate to buy ones with the wrong threads. Thanks!

FlyingFanta said:
ElGuano said:
You can get the cw and ccw motors separately ($30 each) from sitr s like helipal: http://www.helipal.com/spare-part_dji-p ... ision.html

How can you tell the difference between motors for the phantom 1, 1.1.1, 2 or the FC40?

Aren't the threads differrent bc of the self tightening props?

Thanks.

AFAIK, the FC40 has the same motors as the 1.1.1. Two of the motors will have standard threads, two will have reversed threads for ccw-spinning props.

All of the motors between the Phantom 1, 2, Vision and FC40 should be the "same" nowadays. They should all be self-tightening 2212 920kv. The newer Phantom 2s are shipping with official E300-binned motors, which are still the same but have slightly optimized balance and enhanced bearings.

ElGuano said:
FlyingFanta said:
ElGuano said:
You can get the cw and ccw motors separately ($30 each) from sitr s like helipal: http://www.helipal.com/spare-part_dji-p ... ision.html

How can you tell the difference between motors for the phantom 1, 1.1.1, 2 or the FC40?

Thanks.

AFAIK, the FC40 has the same motors as the 1.1.1. Two of the motors will have standard threads, two will have reversed threads for ccw-spinning props.

All of the motors between the Phantom 1, 2, Vision and FC40 should be the "same" nowadays. They should all be self-tightening 2212 920kv. The newer Phantom 2s are shipping with official E300-binned motors, which are still the same but have slightly optimized balance and enhanced bearings.

Interesting. Maybe I'm just being thrown off by the photos the vendors are using which all have prop nuts.

Is there an advantage to buying the P2 motors (if replacing all 4)?

FlyingFanta said:
Is there an advantage to buying the P2 motors (if replacing all 4)?

I wouldn't hesitate to get P2 motors as replacements. At the very least, they will be identical to your 1.1.1s. Or, you could get the newer, slightly improved E300 class motors, which would be a small bonus.

P2 motors will definitely come with cw/ccw threads. Not sure if they come with prop nuts (personally I would want them in case you want to use "common" props instead of self-tightening), but it's probably just a stock picture.

FlyingFanta said:
ElGuano said:

Thanks.
On my 1.1.1 the motors that take the black topped props (CW) have a small indention in the top of the shaft and the motors that take the silver topped ones has nothing.

Mofroggy said:
FlyingFanta said:
ElGuano said:

Thanks.
On my 1.1.1 the motors that take the black topped props (CW) have a small indention in the top of the shaft and the motors that take the silver topped ones has nothing.

Right so where can you order these?

ElGuano said:
FlyingFanta said:
ElGuano said:

Thanks.

What does the "2212" mean?

ElGuano said:
Diameter and length of stator in mm

Thank you.

I've looked some more and found this from uavdirect:

• Right hand threaded motors are for the original Phantom 1 versions that uses prop nuts
• Right hand threaded motors are a direct replacement for any Phantom with silver prop nuts
• Left hand threaded motors are a direct replacement for any Phantom with black prop nuts

So really the only thing special with the motors with any of the phantom versions are the left handed threading ones for black prop tops or nuts?

It depends on how much detail you want to get into. All the phantoms use 2212/920 motors. The current phantom 1s and all the phantom 2s have cw/ccw self-tightening threads. The newer p2s are actually shipping with e300 series motors, which are the same, but with improved manufacturing and tougher nmb bearings. As far as motors go, they are all interchangeable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20