Replacement Gimbal feed panels advice

Reaction score
The video feed on my phone is just atrocious there's no point even looking at feed during flight because its so laggy and low in quality. Is there any way to improve this by changing the panels on the bird? If so what alternatives would offer the best solution? Any replies and help are much appreciated.

Thanks, James

I found things improved when I got rid of my iPad mini 2 and upgraded to a better tablet.

Just goes to show it's not always the Phantom.

The thread is titled "Replacement Gimbal feed panels advice"... is it because you're having this problem only after you replaced the gimbal? Have you tried borrowing a better phone/tablet from a friend, and see what happens?
Try also to uninstall apps you never use, close all running apps, put the phone in airplane mode (and manually re-enable WiFi) and disable local video caching in GO.

The thread is titled "Replacement Gimbal feed panels advice"... is it because you're having this problem only after you replaced the gimbal? Have you tried borrowing a better phone/tablet from a friend, and see what happens?
Try also to uninstall apps you never use, close all running apps, put the phone in airplane mode (and manually re-enable WiFi) and disable local video caching in GO.

The feed wasn't fantastic before that either tbh. I saw another pilot in the wild and he let me have a go on his phantom 4 and the difference was ridiculous it was almost instant feedback. Then it made me notice how bad my feed was. I could try borrow a friends iPad though thanks very much for the advice.

Do you know if its possible to actually replace the original panels with better ones?

Plenty of people here with stock P3S setups (myself included), video feed is actually quite good and more than adequate. Play with your device settings, as I told you. If you're using an iOS device, go into General Settings and try changing the "Enable Hardware Decoding" option (if it's ON, turn it OFF, and vice-versa).
As for better antennas, plenty of threads on this forum, for example look at this one from @Matts175, seems very easy, clean and effective: Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4