REPLACEMENT FOR PHANTOM 2 PLUS GIMBAL AND CAMERA

You seem to have strong feelings about DJI support, can you explain? I do not think a battery losing power could ever be a warranty issue, unless the battery could be shown to be very defective, but the defective issue was not visible, since we have a responsiblity to make sure we have power at all times. Especially that we have enough power to return home and land safely.

I get the feeling that you want this repaired under warranty? Even if they would fix it for $65.00 an hour plus parts you won't use this option? I had a crashed vision +, I called the phone number and after 3 or 4 days I got through. The girl said there would be no problem with a repair and it would probably not be warranty. And I agree, the drone crashed. not their fault, not my fault either but thats a long story. If I get mine fixed for say under $200.00 I will be very happy. I sent it in last week and they got it on friday. I was told that after they look at it I will get an email with the repair plan. I was told the repair would take 4 weeks. I don't have any problem with any of this. Good luck with your fix, please keep posting how it goes... so far sounds like $500 - $600

jeknyc said:
Wedeliver said:
call this phone number +1 (818) 235 0789 start at 9:00am pacific. If you get a womans voice but you are still disconnected, call right back and try again. If you get in a queue and they give you a caller number (you are caller 25) do not hang up. you will get to support staff and you will get an RMA number. then you can send it in for repair. Since it is not a warranty repair you will pay $65.00 per hour plus parts. They work quick so your bill will be mostly parts probably. It might take a couple days to get though but worth it I think. Pick up a used Phantom 1 so you can fly for the month your vision + is gone for repair. Thats what they say, 1 month turn around.

Good luck.

Hey Wedeliver, Thanks but no thanks. I've tried DJI "Support" and find they are worse then useless, a giant wast of time. They might as well say no warranty and not give customers false hope.

As for the camera / gimbal, it looks as if I have to pay for a replacement, and can fit it on myself.

Unless anyone here can give me an alternative.[/quote]

Wedeliver said:
I called the phone number and after 3 or 4 days I got through. The girl said there would be no problem with a repair and it would probably not be warranty. And I agree, the drone crashed. not their fault, not my fault either but thats a long story. If I get mine fixed for say under $200.00 I will be very happy. I sent it in last week and they got it on friday. I was told that after they look at it I will get an email with the repair plan. I was told the repair would take 4 weeks. I don't have any problem with any of this. Good luck with your fix, please keep posting how it goes... so far sounds like $500 - $600]

Hey Wedeliver,

It sounds like you are a rep from DJI, so I will try to explain my post. I cannot wait 4 - 8 weeks to get my UAS back, and I found US sellers who have the part. It is not a $500 - $600 fix, since the cost of the part alone is $679 - $750 (this is particularly outrageous since the whole drone new is $1200 {including battery and controller} and the camera and especially the gimble is very delicate and prone to damage on rough landings). With shipping and at $65 / hr + counting shipping I am looking at $900 - $1000 fix sending it to you. You know that, however you down play the numbers instead of being honest.

Above EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO BE HONEST TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

What crashed my copter is a known problem called VORTEX RING STATE, I think it was made worse because of a weak motor and maybe Prop Guards which many in this forum feel are a cause or contribute to VRS (is this another issue your not disclosing?). But in all your skimpy and incomplete literature there where no warnings about this potentially catastrophic problem. I'm very lucky I even got my drone back at all.

Had I known I could have taken precautions or at least been more aware. Now I have a very expensive fix to something that could have been prevented (as well as better designed for a delicate camera system that could have been, at the very least, less expensive to fix.).

I got my Phantom 2V+ on the release date, so I guess this is the cost of being early to experiment with a new product.

I do have strong feelings about DJI's customer service. and I have found a big big difference between US and Chinese approaches to their customers. With that said I do like the DJI Phantom product very much, but feel it is sold in the USA without much support, you need better instructions, better training, reasonably priced easily available spare parts, and a faster responding CRM.

FYI I never said there was anything wrong with the battery. Is this another problem you are not disclosing?

Hey, My gimbal and camera bought the farm while on the ground preparing for flight. Not to hijack the thread, but basically my gimbal went nuts and started thrashing about violently, until the roll servo failed and the whole thing came apart in two pieces. I called a number of the new service centers on the DJI site and asked about possibly modding the unit to fly a GoPro, and am getting the same song and dance that you are... too expensive, not possible, etc. The difference is that in my case, after 6 solid hours of calling DJI, 1.2 of which was spent on hold, I got a very nice lady who seemed helpful. She mentioned the same limitations as the service centers on fitting a different gimbal, but seemed somewhat hopeful that my suicidal/possessed gimbal might be covered under warranty. Here's hoping.

At the end of your rant below you say "FYI I never said there was anything wrong with the battery. Is this another problem you are not disclosing?" What you said at the very beginning of this thread.. "The back story is at the end of a non-eventful flight the low battery warning went off"

Hey my friend, I really do understand problem, a very expensive device has been damaged and you are having difficulty in getting it fixed at a reasonable cost. I don't think you are mad at me, and you misunderstand that I would waste my time with you as a friend, so I must work for DJI. The truth is I flew a huey in Vietnam a couple times as I tried to qualify for warrant office flight training. I loved that, but I was medivaced from Vietnam so I never went to flight school. Afterwards I always thought I would get a flying license but kids and everything not the way it went. I think I mentioned I worked for Packard Bell, closest I ever got to working for DJI. I only took the time out of my life to try and offer a fix for your problem not to sell you anything. I have sent in my drone, lets see how it goes. It was crashed not by me, and the camera ribbon cable was destroyed and the camera was damaged. I have no idea how this will turn out, but I have to try since the options are so limited. I do have an FC40 and a Phantom 1.2 so I can stay in the air during the vision plus repair. I did not think my typing, grammar etc was good enough for anyone to think I had a job... which I don't I own this place. http://www.eaglesnestrvpark.com located near the Oregon Border in Northern California. I am not going to say I am sorry for jumping in and offering an idea, and you don't need to take your frustration out on others. I think if we try and learn and grow from our experiences we will all be better.

Now this VRS issue I have never heard of until yesterday. They say that prop guards can precipitate the event. I wonder if a quick decent, especially with a loaded quad could be involved. Although I did watch that Phantom 2 crash video where it looks like he is just flying along when the quad flips out. It is kinda hard to tell because the gimbal works so well it makes it harder to see how radical the event really is.

So, what are you considering doing? I have searched and I see what you are saying about replacement costs. I had seen the vision camera at $499 but not the vision plus.

So, I hope you understand that I am on your side. I don't work for no one and I am not promoting no one, just offering my experience as an option. Good luck bro I really understand how fxxking pissed you probably are, cause I sure would be.

jeknyc said:
Wedeliver said:
I called the phone number and after 3 or 4 days I got through. The girl said there would be no problem with a repair and it would probably not be warranty. And I agree, the drone crashed. not their fault, not my fault either but thats a long story. If I get mine fixed for say under $200.00 I will be very happy. I sent it in last week and they got it on friday. I was told that after they look at it I will get an email with the repair plan. I was told the repair would take 4 weeks. I don't have any problem with any of this. Good luck with your fix, please keep posting how it goes... so far sounds like $500 - $600]

Hey Wedeliver,

It sounds like you are a rep from DJI, so I will try to explain my post. I cannot wait 4 - 8 weeks to get my UAS back, and I found US sellers who have the part. It is not a $500 - $600 fix, since the cost of the part alone is $679 - $750 (this is particularly outrageous since the whole drone new is $1200 {including battery and controller} and the camera and especially the gimble is very delicate and prone to damage on rough landings). With shipping and at $65 / hr + counting shipping I am looking at $900 - $1000 fix sending it to you. You know that, however you down play the numbers instead of being honest.

Above EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO BE HONEST TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

What crashed my copter is a known problem called VORTEX RING STATE, I think it was made worse because of a weak motor and maybe Prop Guards which many in this forum feel are a cause or contribute to VRS (is this another issue your not disclosing?). But in all your skimpy and incomplete literature there where no warnings about this potentially catastrophic problem. I'm very lucky I even got my drone back at all.

Had I known I could have taken precautions or at least been more aware. Now I have a very expensive fix to something that could have been prevented (as well as better designed for a delicate camera system that could have been, at the very least, less expensive to fix.).

I got my Phantom 2V+ on the release date, so I guess this is the cost of being early to experiment with a new product.

I do have strong feelings about DJI's customer service. and I have found a big big difference between US and Chinese approaches to their customers. With that said I do like the DJI Phantom product very much, but feel it is sold in the USA without much support, you need better instructions, better training, reasonably priced easily available spare parts, and a faster responding CRM.

FYI I never said there was anything wrong with the battery. Is this another problem you are not disclosing?

JimmyP said:
Hey, My gimbal and camera bought the farm while on the ground preparing for flight. Not to hijack the thread, but basically my gimbal went nuts and started thrashing about violently, until the roll servo failed and the whole thing came apart in two pieces. I called a number of the new service centers on the DJI site and asked about possibly modding the unit to fly a GoPro, and am getting the same song and dance that you are... too expensive, not possible, etc. The difference is that in my case, after 6 solid hours of calling DJI, 1.2 of which was spent on hold, I got a very nice lady who seemed helpful. She mentioned the same limitations as the service centers on fitting a different gimbal, but seemed somewhat hopeful that my suicidal/possessed gimbal might be covered under warranty. Here's hoping.

I have read here about the gimbal flipping out. But I did not hear what you are doing to fix your broken stuff. Did you get an RMA and send it in for them to fix? Perhaps under warranty?? BTW, I think we all talk to the same girl, isn't she nice and understanding??

Range Extender Mounting Bracket

Where can I get Range Extender Mounting Bracket and Lock-screw ?

Wedeliver said:
At the end of your rant below you say "FYI I never said there was anything wrong with the battery....

Hey my friend, I really do understand problem, a very expensive device has been damaged and you are having difficulty in getting it fixed at a reasonable cost. ... closest I ever got to working for DJI. ....

Now this VRS issue I have never heard of until yesterday.....

So, what are you considering doing? I have searched and I see what you are saying about replacement costs. I had seen the vision camera at $499 but not the vision plus....

OK, first you are not my friend (sorry if this hurts your feelings but I don''t know you), second I did not "rant" I took the time to explain in detail how I felt about the Customer Service at DJI. finally do you work for DJI? I'm confused from your post, at one point you say "the closest you've come to flight is working for dji" and in another sentence you say you "work for no one", so which is it?

Also if you haven't ever of heard VRS how did you try to fly a helicopter, it's a basic principal of Roto-craft flying.

What I did was buy the DJI Gimbal / camera assembly at full list price ($679.00) plus sales tax a total of almost $750. It's insane, but it's a increasingly in demand product, and the camera's (which must break A LOT) are in high demand as well. So I paid up because I had no choice.

It turns out you can't retrofit a GoPro to the P2V+ platform. (electronics are different)

I'm not trying to be a downer here... but if you had watched the YouTube video I posted you would see a GoPro on P2V+ with a working gimbal and the P2V+ Iphone App functioning through the GoPro. Just waiting on DronExpert to release their cable modification in the next few weeks.

****....I want to say....****... you pushed my buttons.. ****... I was just trying to help but this board and some members like yourself will push me away. I want to say mean and nasty things to you in reply because it does hurt. I took a lot of time trying to help you and I regret every second.

jeknyc said:
Wedeliver said:
At the end of your rant below you say "FYI I never said there was anything wrong with the battery....

Hey my friend, I really do understand problem, a very expensive device has been damaged and you are having difficulty in getting it fixed at a reasonable cost. ... closest I ever got to working for DJI. ....

Now this VRS issue I have never heard of until yesterday.....

So, what are you considering doing? I have searched and I see what you are saying about replacement costs. I had seen the vision camera at $499 but not the vision plus....

OK, first you are not my friend (sorry if this hurts your feelings but I don''t know you), second I did not "rant" I took the time to explain in detail how I felt about the Customer Service at DJI. finally do you work for DJI? I'm confused from your post, at one point you say "the closest you've come to flight is working for dji" and in another sentence you say you "work for no one", so which is it?

Also if you haven't ever of heard VRS how did you try to fly a helicopter, it's a basic principal of Roto-craft flying.

What I did was buy the DJI Gimbal / camera assembly at full list price ($679.00) plus sales tax a total of almost $750. It's insane, but it's a increasingly in demand product, and the camera's (which must break A LOT) are in high demand as well. So I paid up because I had no choice.

It turns out you can't retrofit a GoPro to the P2V+ platform. (electronics are different)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4