Replacement ESC board (Part 33)

Reaction score
OK so I crashed my P3A in a tree and it fell about 10 feet. Two rotors dug into the ground, I had the DJI carbon fiber blades so nothing broke. Went to go start it up again to check everything and one of the motors wouldn't start, just twitch a bit and got a motor obstructed error. I dug as best I could through the motor with no luck, just got some twitching upon restarting the motors. So I ordered a replacement motor and received it I m today and my wife soldered it on and still the same problem. We then connected the old motor to a different motors connection points and it spun. So I'm guessing some component within the board on that side. I'm guessing I need a new board unless someone has any ideas. If not does anyone have a spare board sitting around?

In addition, I have the upgraded motors on it with the circular mounting bases, so 2312A and this paper I got with the motor said that means I have a part 96 board but I cannot find it on the DJI store so I don't know what's going on.

So anyways, does anyone have anything I could try and/or a spare board that we could possibly discuss an arrangement for? Thank you very much in advance for reading this and any help provided.

Could you please educate me on the difference between the central board and an esc? If they are the same then yea my conclusion right now is that it is the board because the motor has been tested fine.

Also could I buy a P3S and use its board? I know there are some major differences between the P3S and the P3A so I doubt it but it can't hurt to ask.

My bad, I saw the word board and thought you meant main board. My guess is to check the voltage coming to each motor and see if there is a difference. Then see if there is a difference further up line.

Yea so I did the voltage check and while the main motors get 3.0 volts when starting up, motor 2, which is the problem child right now, got 0.0 to 0.5 max. When it was 0.5 is when it would twitch around.

So on the DJI page apparently part 33 is the old version board for the original motors, the 2312. There is supposed to be a part 96 for the 2312A motors which are the ones that are rounded at the bottom... I have found nothing on a part 96 though...

I know this thread wasn't necessarily followed or anything but thanks to my wonderful wife who is an electronics technician and works on boards like what is in the P3 she was able to fix it and now everything works perfect. i just got done recalibrating the IMU, gimbal and compass and everything checks out. unfortunately its raining so i haven't been able to do the final test but im excited.

Reactions: Oso
What did she do to fix it ?? Just wondering ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

She isn't quite sure herself. She did some combing through the different components, accidentally broke a resistor so she either soldered it back on or replaced it and when she tested it out it worked. She is sleeping right now I will ask her in the morning

Cold solders?

Cold solders?
No.

So I asked her this morning and she essentially broke the resistor though she said it could have been already but regardless she soldered it back then she unhooked the entire board and removed it, inspected it and hooked everything back up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20