Replacement Compass

Reaction score
Have had a fairly solid look and cant find a definitive answer so here goes!

I have an original Phantom 2 with H33D with the metal external compass and I am getting crazy readings from the compass and solid red lights during flight etc. Have tried all the recommended fixes with no luck so resorting to replacement.

My question is, can I replace the compass with one of the newer models or do I need to buy an original replacement?

This is the newer one that I can find from a local supplier, will this work with my Phantom?
New V3 Compass Module Part 18 :

If it was me, I would stick with the compass designed for that unit to be sure it would inter grate the proper data to the main controller. I'm not sure if you can interchange them.

Reactions: 750r
Have had a fairly solid look and cant find a definitive answer so here goes!

I have an original Phantom 2 with H33D with the metal external compass and I am getting crazy readings from the compass and solid red lights during flight etc. Have tried all the recommended fixes with no luck so resorting to replacement.

My question is, can I replace the compass with one of the newer models or do I need to buy an original replacement?

This is the newer one that I can find from a local supplier, will this work with my Phantom?
New V3 Compass Module Part 18 :

Before replacing the compass plug in the P2 to your computer and go to the tools tab and take a screen shot before doing anything else and post that screen shot. Then watch this video and if your compass settings are extremely high and an advanced IMU on a completely level surface will not correct it then try to demagnetize the compass as in the video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik