Replacement camera plate? Not the gimbal plate

Reaction score
I need to replace the plate on the camera, not the gimbal plate that you can find online. Does anyone know where I can get this part? I cannot find it anywhere.

image2.jpg

image1%201.jpg

I don't know who has that part, and I don't want to derail your topic, but just curious if your shells are dyed or just painted, and what you used,

DJI does not sell that part. Check with a shop that repairs Phantoms. Perhaps someone will have one laying around.

They are painted with basic Rustoleum spray paint. Both of those are replacement bodies so I painted them before transferring the "guts" to the new body. I have another "spare" body kit that I painted blue for the next crash if that ever happens. You can see them a lot better being in daylight since they are dark.

Thanks, Doc. I've got a brand new replacement shell for my P3A that I want to black out for the same reason. (That and going full stealth mode at night with the lights shut off)

I do a lot of night flying too. I used to put tape over the LED's but recently I learned if you just take the plastic lenses off the LED's are much harder to see unless it is right over you. One word of advice, dont paint over the compass on the leg. I did that once and had to replace the compass. The compass is very sensitive. Maybe the screwdriver I used messed it up or it may have been the paint, not sure. You also have to be very careful with the compass wire when you put the antennas back on the legs. Very easy but be careful.

Reactions: mikesmiley
Thanks for the pointers.

For the front LEDs, I have one of my C keys set to toggle them on and off during flight, and for the rears, I'm going to install a mini toggle switch inline with the common wire for each to shut them off before takeoff.

I apologize for piggy backing into this thread and reusing the OP's picture. My P3P gimbal plate gets very hot just sitting, w/o motors on. Just noticed it. Gimbal works ok. Is it normal?

plate.JPG

I need to replace the plate on the camera, not the gimbal plate that you can find online. Does anyone know where I can get this part? I cannot find it anywhere.

Go to DroneNerds.com - look at P3 Accessories and Upgrades. One of those plates (you have two broken plates there - one attaches to the camera and one attaches to the phantom) is the Camera Vibration Absorbing Ball Mount - cost around $10. Not sure about the other plate - but you can see that the two plates in your photo are the ones that "match" the little marshmellow-looking shock absorbers - you might also need a couple of dampening pins (plastic).

In the recent repair of my Phantom I broke some of those same things - total parts to fix it was less than $50.

I'm not associated with Drone Nerds at all. If you like, go to their site, identify what you need and buy where you feel comfortable buying it.

On my crash, one of those bottom plates was smashed and one wasn't. Amazingly, neither the camera nor the gimbal were seriously damaged - cable was jerked out. I replaced that broken plate, a new cable, some new shock absorbers and dampening pins - all those parts ran me less than $50. The only truly problematic piece was getting that 7-pin cable from the camera back inside the Phantom shell! That was a woolly bugger!

Good luck.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

image2.jpg

image1%201.jpg

image2.jpg

image1%201.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1