Replacement board for Standard 3.

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Standard took an involuntary swim in one of my farm ponds a while back which blew some of the P01103.05 [part 33] board and one of the 2312A motors.

I have obtained what I'm led to believe is a replacement board P01012.09 [Part 96] and new motor. This seems a fairly straightforward swap apart from the fact that where Part 33 has connectors for the two antennas that run down the legs the replacement Part 96 does not. There also appears to be an additional multi pin connector / socket for which I do not appear to have a plug - it's next to the compass plug on the old board is.

Ideas on where to connect the antennas and what plugs into the extra socket would be much appreciated please.

Thanks in advance.

My P3S main board does not have a socket plug in next to the compass plug in. I think that's normal.

I ordered the full board including all 4 motors, leds, main power plug and 5.8 antenna wires from @RodPad's first example " Standard- Motor shot? Or board fried" thread.

Installation is quick and easy, with no soldering. For the price, you can't beat it. Reference that thread for more info.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the replies & links which I've read.

As I said the issue I have is that from what I read the board I have to replace the original fried P01103.05 one is the updated P01012.09 that was sold as being for the standard. Ok so far but there are no antenna connections and there is an extra socket for which I have nothing to plug into:

IMG_0877b_zpsmsjn6zrh.jpg

I've just amended my profile to show that I'm in the UK, I'll have to check the shipping and resulting inevitable import taxes before I decide whether to solder on the motors and see what happens or order one of the ones linked to. Hmmmmm

Your original main board is exactly like mine for my P3S. Your replacement main board is definitely different. I'm not sure what model that board is from, but I don't think I'd want to go thru the install and have it not work. Perhaps someone with a greater knowledge of these things will chime in, like @msinger, or @hunch.

The pics make the comparison easy. Thanks for including them for reference.

If it were me, I'd wait until I had the correct part. This other part looks like a nightmare to adapt to the bird.

@Micawber, the replacement board you are showing there is for a P3 Adv/Pro.
i happen to have a P3S main board with motors, LEDs and power connector still soldered on. it would be just a straight replacement.
if you're interested i am selling it all for $80

https://squareup.com/store/uav-repair-shop/item/dji-main-board-for-p-standard
and shipping to UK would be $20 extra
so if you decide to do that add this item to the cart
https://squareup.com/store/uav-repair-shop/item/add-on

I'd go with that part hunch and have tried to checkout but the UK address & postcode doesn't want to be accepted by the format - so it won't let me complete payment!

use my address at checkout and put in the notes your actual address. i will PM you my address. square needs US zip code. :)

Wow, this turned out pretty good!
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Reactions: captainmilehigh
'Ol Hunch is probably neck deep in work like usual, and doesn't visit the Forum much when he gets busy.

@hunch, how are things in the big state of Minnesota? Busy huh? Just a heads up that your attention is needed. Take care Dude. [emoji12]

@Micawber, you may want to call him. 612-414-3017.

Last edited:
i'm still here.
trying to figure out where this package went.
@Micawber did you pay me through my squareup? what was the reference number when you checked out?
if you don't know just give me a date when you paid and i'll find it.

thanks

Dang, I sure thought this turned out Pretty good.
I should have waited tell the package was received and he was flying again.
I'm sure it was my fault. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: captainmilehigh
i'm still here.
trying to figure out where this package went.
@Micawber did you pay me through my squareup? what was the reference number when you checked out?
if you don't know just give me a date when you paid and i'll find it.

thanks

Hunch,

No if you recall I had trouble with your Squareup as it would not accept my UK address. In the end you took my CC details down directly when we had a WhatsApp / Skype video call, judging by the comments in this thread it would have been around May 11 or thereabouts.
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers