Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Replacement bearing parts

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Samip, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Samip

I got into a pretty nasty crash and while I have all the bearings I lost a thrust washer and retainer clip. Anyone know where I can buy just these parts? Complete bearing sets are sort of expensive.

Thanks!

2. Gary39

Amain hobby has bearings, I think they come in a bag of 4.. You will want 3x8x4mm bearings. You may find them cheaper somewhere but these are good bearings and not that expensive. There are also cheap complete sets on e-bay, but I don't know the quality. The ones at Amain are Align.

#2 Gary39, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  3. Ti22

Must admit, I had no idea motor bearings were serviceable/replaceable until this thread and a little searching -

4. Samip

Yes I was able to replace the lost bearing using one from a broken motor but I'm afraid I will lose those retainer clips at some point so was hoping someone knew where those are available

5. Green_Phantom

Buy more of those clips than you need. I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or 4 either floating around the house somewhere or have long been sucked up by the vacuum. Those things are a PITA to replace too.

6. Deadpilot

Why would one buy new bearings when you can get new motors for about $16 a piece? I forget some like to tinker :)

7. Ti22

Not just tinkering but quick look around indicates you can buy a large number of bearings for around the cost of 1 motor. When it comes to BLDC motors, bearings = the only wear item. So as long as the windings aren’t damaged/burned why not keep it spinning?

8. Deadpilot

Still, you must like tinkering a LOT more than me, I hated opening the case and replacing a motor. I'd have paid someone to do it except they weren't available at the time. I want to do one thing with my drone... fly it. :)

Ti22 likes this.
  9. Gary39

clips are available at Amain also