Replaced parts after crash, will idle but won't fly?

Reaction score
I couple weeks back I had a pretty bad crash with my P1. I found it the next day upside down in the snow but luckily when I got it home and took it apart all 4 motors still started up.. Being new to dji products I made a noob mistake and after taking off the broken parts of the prop guards I put the screws back in.. When I started it up next 3/4 motors twitched I eventually got that down to only one twitching without replacing anything but decided I needed to replace all 4 motors which I recently did.. I also ordered 4 new esc's just in case and have replaced two of the old ones at this point.. Now all 4 motors start up and idle perfect but when I go to lift off it tips over every time, the only way I can get it in the air is to adjust with right stick and even then it is super sketchy doing and I have minimum control over it and I am almost completely unable to yaw, it just drifts all over.. After doing countless IMU calibrations using sheets of paper to get it perfectly level plus a sheet of glass over the motors to make sure they are level it will will not fly right at all and at this point I am stumped.. I ordered new stock dji props so that's not the problem either.. Sometimes it does appear motor #2 May be spinning just slightly slower than the rest but won't have a way to tell until the tachometer I ordered arrives but I really don't think that'd be it considering it's a new motor and correct me
If im wrong but wouldn't naza make up for that? It still connects to sattalites fine and if I do get it in the air it has hovered fine but has also done some other strange things right after.. It is not safe to fly. I have a few extra motors and esc's but don't see what changing another motor would do when all 4 are brand new and if one ESC was bad it wouldnt start that motor anyways as far as I know! If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated! I almost pulled the trigger and upgraded but decided if I can get this thing in the air on my own im not ready for an upgrade..

Tipping over and being unable to yaw properly are clear indications that one or more motors are "still" not operating properly.

Since you already replaced all 4 motors but only 2 of the ECS's, I would go back and replace the remaining 2 old ESC's also. ESC's can fail in many ways and they fail partially or completely.

Crashing in snow increases the chances that there are problems with ESC's (or other electrical components) because chances are water short circuited one or more electrical circuits.

Making sure you got all the moisture out before applying power should have been a very high priority.

That's what I was leaning towards I just didn't understand how all the motors would power up if there was a bad esc! Luckily it was like -10 that night so I assumed minimal moisture.. Luckily I have the spare escs so mine as well give it a go! Thank you for your response I hope it solves the problem!

Are motors turning in the proper directions? Reversing any 2 phase wires will reverse motor rotation. You may have inadvertently reversed phase wires while installing the new motors and/or ESC's?

Reactions: 750r
It was a bad esc. Thank you guys for your time after replacing the other 2 speed controllers she flies as good as new!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic