Replaced flex cable and now the camera is just going crazy

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard. I just replaced the flex cable and aligned the half crescent to align with the camera its self. The camera just keeps flipping around and going crazy after i started it back up. I took everything apart again and made sure everything was connected properly. Have no clue why this could be happening.

one of the potentiometers on roll or pitch board cracked, hence the flipping around.
do you have an ohm meter?

Yes I have an ohm meter. What do I need to test. Where can I get board parts for the drone if I end up needing them?

take the roll and pitch sensor boards out. put one probe of the ohm meter on top connector of the potentiometer (where there is just one connector) and
center the potentiometer so the flat surface is flush with the top connector.
put the second probe on (where the three connectors are) left connector (you won't be using center connector).
it should read ~3KOhm, now put the 2nd probe on the right connector on the bottom of the potentiometer and it should read ~3KOhm.
now move the potentiometer 90 degrees. it should read 2K on one side and about 4K on the other side.
rotate the potentiometer 180 degrees so now it is facing the the other side and you should have reading similar to before... 2K on one connector and 4K on the other
do this on both sensor boards

hope this helps

these are the sensor boards, flip it around and you'll see the potentiometer with one connection on top and three on bottom. you will use ohm meter to measure the resistance between top and one on the left bottom and one on the right bottom for 2nd reading.

Attachments

• roll pot.jpg
    roll pot.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 403
I had the same issue after replacing my flat (black) ribbon cable, and the problem turned out to be that I installed the pitch motor shaft into the camera body 180° out of proper alignment.
It made sense to me that the round side of the shaft should go towards the side (of the camera housing) that the screw enters from.
Took it back apart and inserted the flat side of the shaft towards the screw entry hole, and all was good after that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes the problem turned out to be that I installed the pitch motor shaft into the camera body 180° out of alignment but apparently they motor broke too. Took it to a drone shop and they said the best thing was to replace the whole gimbal so I did and everything is fine now except for video shots shake a lot now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj